Major Stock Price Movers on Wall Street April 20th
Following are some stocks showing big percentage moves on our trading screens:
- TiVo Inc. (NASDAQ:TIVO): Up +29.51%. TiVo Inc. provides a subscription-based service enabled by a personal video recorder. The Company’s service allows viewers to locate and record multiple shows, control live television, choose viewing preferences, and access their customized lineup of shows. TiVo’s service also serves as a platform to deliver television programming, advertising, and in-home commerce.
- Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE:PII): Up +20.95%. Polaris Industries Inc. designs, engineers, and manufactures snowmobiles, all terrain vehicles, motorcycles, and personal watercraft. The Company markets its products, together with related replacement parts, garments, and accessories through dealers and distributors located in the United States, Canada, and Europe. What’s Moving These Shares As Dow Climbs 175 Points on April 20th?>>
- Golar LNG Limited (NASDAQ:GLNG): Up +16.1%. Golar LNG Ltd is a shipping company. The Company owns and operates a fleet of LNG (liquid natural gas) tankers, and several of the vessels are under long term charter contracts. The Company has also entered in to an agreement to build additional LNG tankers. Golar transports around the world.
- VMware, Inc. (NYSE:VMW): Up +13.88%. VMware, Inc. provides virtualization solutions from the desktop to the data center. The Company’s solution products addresses a range of IT problems, which includes cost and operational inefficiencies, business continuity, software lifecycle management and desktop management. VMware Earnings: Cha-Ching!>>
- Albemarle Corporation (NYSE:ALB): Up +12.19%. Albemarle Corporation produces specialty and fine chemicals. The Company’s chemicals are additives to or intermediates for plastics, polymers and elastomers, cleaning products, agricultural compounds, pharmaceuticals, photographic chemicals, drilling compounds, and biocides. Albemarle produces the majority of its products in the United States.
- MGIC Investment Corp. (NYSE:MTG): Down -11.2%. MGIC Investment Corporation, through its subsidiary, provides private mortgage insurance coverage in the United States. The Company’s customers include thrifts, mortgage bankers and brokers, commercial banks, credit unions, and other lending institutions. The Company also provides, through subsidiaries, underwriting and contract services related to home mortgage lending.
- United Rentals, Inc. (NYSE:URI): Down -9.94%. United Rentals, Inc., through its subsidiary, is an equipment rental company operating a network of locations in the United States, Canada, and Mexico. The Company serves the construction industry, industrial and commercial concerns, homeowners, and other individuals.
- DST Systems, Inc. (NYSE:DST): Down -8.49%. DST Systems, Inc. provides information processing and computer software services and products. The Company’s operating segments include financial services, customer management, and output solutions. DST’s data center provides information-processing services to support the products within each operating segment.
- Shanda Interactive Entertainment Ltd ADR (NASDAQ:SNDA): Down -6.68%. Shanda Interactive Entertainment Ltd, operates online games in China. The Company offers a portfolio of online games that users play over the Internet. Shanda’s games are licensed from third parties as well as developed in-house.
- Qihoo 360 Technology Co Ltd (NYSE:QIHU): Down -6.05%. Qihoo 360 Technology Co Ltd. provides Internet and mobile security products in the People’s Republic of China. The Companys products include an Internet security product for Internet security and system optimization; an anti-virus application to protect users’ computers against trojan horses, viruses, worms, adware, and other forms of malware; and a mobile smartphone security program. The Internet Stock Boom in China Continues>>