Major Stock Price Movers on Wall Street May 2nd
Following are some stocks showing big percentage moves on our trading screens:
- International Coal Group, Inc. (NYSE:ICO): Up +30.83%. International Coal Group, Inc. mines coal. The Company operates in northern and central Appalachia and the Illinois basin.
- DISH Network Corp. (NASDAQ:DISH): Up +18.97%. DISH Network Corp. provides a direct broadcast satellite subscription television service in the United States.
- ELEMENTS Benjamin Graham Small Cap Value Index-Total Return ETN (NYSE:BSC): Up +10.76%. ELEMENTS Linked to the Benjamin Graham Small Cap Value Index – Total Return, developed by Nuveen HydePark Group, is an exchange traded note issued in the USA by Deutsche Bank AG. The Notes will provide investors with a cash payment at scheduled maturity or upon repurchase based on the performance of the underlying index, the Benjamin Graham Small Cap Value Index -Total Return.
- Ralcorp Holdings, Inc. (NYSE:RAH): Up +8.74%. Ralcorp Holdings, Inc. produces a variety of store brand foods that are sold under the individual labels of various grocery, mass merchandise, and drug store retailers. The Company’s products include cereals, crackers and cookies, snack nuts, chocolate candy, salad dressings, mayonnaise, peanut butter, jams, syrups, and sauces. Ralcorp also holds a partial interest in Vail Resorts, Inc.
- Focus Media Holding Limited (NASDAQ:FMCN): Up +6.03%. Focus Media Holding Limited operates an out-of-home advertising network in China. The Company uses audiovisual television displays which are placed primarily in high-traffic areas of commercial office buildings such as in lobbies and near elevators, as well as in large retail chain stores and other venues.
- First Majestic Silver Corp. Ordinary Shares (NYSE:AG): Down -10.82%. First Majestic Silver Corp. is a silver producing mining company. The Company’s presently owns and operates producing silver mines in Mexico; the La Parrilla Silver Mine, the San Martin Silver Mine and the La Encantada Silver Mine.
- Silver Standard Resources Inc. (NASDAQ:SSRI): Down -9.87%. Silver Standard Resources Inc. is a silver exploration company focused on acquiring and developing silver resources on a global basis. The Company has projects in Argentina, Peru, Mexico, Canada, Chile, the United States and Australia.
- Silvercorp Metals Inc. (NYSE:SVM): Down -9.49%. Silvercorp Metals Inc. acquires, explores, and develops mineral properties in China. The Company is developing its Ying Silver project located in the People’s Republic of China.
- iShares Silver Trust (NYSE:SLV): Down -8.64%. iShares Silver Trust is a trust formed to invest in silver. The assets of the trust consist primarily of silver held by the custodian on behalf of the trust. The objective of the trust is for the shares to reflect the price of silver owned by the trust, less the trust’s expenses and liabilities.
- Demand Media Inc (DMD): Down -8.27%.