Major Stock Price Movers on Wall Street May 4th
Following are some stocks showing big percentage moves on our trading screens:
- Varian Semiconductor (NASDAQ:VSEA): Up +51.32%. Varian Semiconductor Equipment Associates, Inc. designs, manufactures, markets, and services semiconductor processing equipment used in the fabrication of integrated circuits. The Company supplies ion implantation systems used to manufacture semiconductor chips.
- Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Inc. (NASDAQ:GMCR): Up +18.59%. Green Mountain Coffee Roasters, Inc. roasts Arabica coffees and offers various coffee selections. The Company’s products include single-origin, estate, certified organic, Fair Trade, signature blends, and flavored coffees sold under the Green Mountain Coffee Roasters brand. Green Mountain serves offices, supermarkets, and convenience stores, and operates a direct mail business.
- Team Health Holdings, Inc. Team Health Holdings, Inc. (NYSE:TMH): Up +11.95%. Team Health Holdings, Inc. offers healthcare professionals outsourcing services. The Company supplies physicians, physician assistants and nurse practitioners to hospitals in the United States.
- MGM Resorts International (NYSE:MGM): Up +10.32%. MGM Resorts International operates gaming, hospitality and entertainment resorts. The Company owns properties in Nevada, Mississippi and Michigan in the United States; and owns interests in properties in Nevada and Illinois in the United States, and Macau. MGM Resorts also offers hospitality management services for casino and non-casino properties around the world.
- ValueClick, Inc. (NASDAQ:VCLK): Up +9.59%. ValueClick, Inc. provides Internet advertising solutions for publishers of Web sites and online advertisers. The Company offers performance-based Internet advertising solutions in which an advertiser only pays when an Internet user clicks on its banner advertisement.
- Century Aluminum Company (NASDAQ:CENX): Down -16.31%. Century Aluminum Company produces primary aluminum, in both molten and ingot form, through facilities located in the United States. The Company owns and operates a reduction facility in Ravenswood, West Virginia, and owns a partial interest in a reduction facility in Mt. Holly, South Carolina. Century is also the operating partner of a reduction facility in Hawesville, Kentucky.
- OpenTable Inc (NASDAQ:OPEN): Down -14.9%. OpenTable, Inc. provides free, real-time online restaurant reservations for diners through an online booking service. The Company also offers reservation and guest management solutions for restaurants. OpenTable allows users to search for tables based on desired criteria for cuisine, price, and location.
- NxStage Medical, Inc. (NASDAQ:NXTM): Down -13.76%. NxStage Medical, Inc. is medical device company that develops, manufactures, and markets systems for the treatment of end-stage renal disease, or ESRD, and acute kidney failure. The Company’s primary product, the NxStage System One, is a small, portable hemodialysis system.
- CTC Media, Inc. (NASDAQ:CTCM): Down -11.86%. CTC Media, Inc. owns and operates television stations and broadcasts television networks. The Company’s networks are broadcast by its own television stations, stations owned by others, and local cable television operators.
- Hampton Roads Bankshares Inc (HMPRD): Down -11.75%.