Major Stock Price Movers on Wall Street May 9th
Following are some stocks showing big percentage moves on our trading screens:
- Rosetta Resources Inc. (NASDAQ:ROSE): Up +20.39%. Rosetta Resources, Inc. is an oil and gas exploration and production company.
- Weight Watchers International, Inc. (NYSE:WTW): Up +14.23%. Weight Watchers International, Inc., is a provider of weight control programs. The Company operates through a network of company-owned and franchised operations. Members attend weekly Weight Watchers meetings to receive group support and education about healthy eating patterns, behavior modification and physical activity.
- Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group, Inc. (NYSE:DTG): Up +13.75%. Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group, Inc. operates Dollar and Thrifty vehicle rental systems. The Company provides its services to leisure customers, tourists, small businesses, and independent business travelers. Dollar Thrifty operates locations in the United States and Canada, as well as other countries.
- Semiconductor Manufacturing Int’l (NYSE:SMI): Up +12.39%. Semiconductor Manufacturing International Corporation manufactures, trades, packages, tests, and provides computer-aided design integrated circuits. The Company also provides other semiconductor services. In addition, Semiconductor designs masks.
- SYSCO Corporation (NYSE:SYY): Up +10.73%. Sysco Corporation distributes food and related products primarily to the foodservice industry. The Company also distributes personal care guest amenities, housekeeping supplies, room accessories, and textiles to the lodging industry.
- ProShares UltraShort DJ-UBS Crude Oi ETF (NYSE:SCO): Down -10.28%. ProShares UltraShort DJ-UBS Crude Oil is an exchange-traded fund incorporated in the USA. The Fund will seek daily investment results that correspond to twice (200%) the inverse (opposite) the daily performance, whether positive or negative, of its corresponding benchmark. The Fund tracks a multiple or inverse multiple of the daily performance of Dow Jones-UBS Crude Oil Sub-Index.
- Longtop Financial Technologies Ltd (NYSE:LFT): Down -8.26%. Longtop Financial Technologies Limited develops a wide range of software applications. The Company offers software solutions in the following categories: channel-related solutions, business-related solutions, management-related solutions and other solutions, covering major categories of information technology requirements for financial institutions in China.
- H&R Block, Inc. (NYSE:HRB): Down -7.6%. H&R Block, Inc. provides a wide range of financial products and services through its subsidiaries. The Company provides tax services to the general public, accounting and consulting services, and consumer financial and personal productivity software. H&R Block provides its tax services to clients in the United States and other countries.
- Tyson Foods, Inc. (NYSE:TSN): Down -6.03%. Tyson Foods, Inc. produces, distributes, and markets chicken, beef, pork, prepared foods and related allied products. The Company’s products are marketed and sold to national and regional grocery retailers, regional grocery wholesalers, meat distributors, warehouse club stores, military commissaries, and industrial food processing companies.
- Thompson Creek Metals Company, Inc. (NYSE:TC): Down -5.24%. Thompson Creek Metals Company, Inc. mines and processes molybdenum. The Company operates mines, mills, and metallurgical roasting facilities in Canada and the United States.