Wall St. Watchdog reveals information about 10 stocks showing big percentage moves on our trading screens:
- Complete Production Services, Inc. (NYSE:CPX): Up +39.5%. Complete Production Services, Inc. offers services to the oil and natural gas production industry. The Company establishes, maintains, and enhances the flow of oil and gas throughout the life of a well, offers land drilling, specialized rig logistics and site preparation services, and offers products such as completion, flow control and artificial lift equipment, and tubular goods.
- Youku.com Inc (NYSE:YOKU): Up +14.68%. Youku.com Inc. is an Internet television company. The Company’s Internet television platform enables consumers to search, view and share video content quickly and easily across multiple devices in the People’s Republic of China.
- Cobalt International Energy, Inc. COBALT INTERNATIONAL ENERGY, INC. (NYSE:CIE): Up +12.36%. Cobalt International Energy, Inc. is an oil-focused exploration and production company. The Company explores for oil in the deep offshore waters of the U.S. Gulf of Mexico and West Africa, with an emphasis on sub-salt and pre-salt exploration, development, and production.
- Direxion Daily Finan. Bull 3X Shs (NYSE:FAS): Up +11.34%. Direxion Daily Financial Bull 3X Shares is an exchange-traded fund incorporated in the USA. The Fund’s objective is daily investment results, before fees and expenses, of 300% of the price performance of the Russell 1000® Financial Services Index (“Financial Index”). The Fund invests in at least 80% of its net assets in the equity securities that comprise the Financial Index
- Helix Energy Solutions Group Inc. (NYSE:HLX): Up +11.17%. Helix Energy Solutions Group Inc. is a marine contractor and operator of offshore oil and gas properties and production facilities. The Company seeks to align the interests of the producer and contractor by investing in mature offshore oil and gas properties, hub production facilities, and undeveloped reserve plays.
- Superior Energy Services, Inc. (NYSE:SPN): Down -13.43%. Superior Energy Services, Inc. provides specialized oilfield services and equipment. The Company conducts operations offshore in the Gulf of Mexico and throughout the Gulf Coast region. Superior leases oilfield equipment, provides oil and gas well plug and abandonment services, and provides other equipment and services.
- Sprint Nextel Corporation (NYSE:S): Down -11.2%. Sprint Nextel Corporation offers a range of wireless and wireline communications services to consumer, business, and government customers. The Company develops, engineers, and deploys various technologies, including two wireless networks offering mobile data services, instant national and international push-to-talk capabilities, and a global Tier 1 Internet backbone.
- Vertex Pharmaceuticals Incorporated (NASDAQ:VRTX): Down -8.39%. Vertex Pharmaceuticals Incorporated discovers, develops, and commercializes novel, small molecule pharmaceuticals for the treatment of diseases for which there are currently limited or no effective treatments. The Company is developing drugs for the treatment of viral diseases, multidrug resistance in cancer, inflammatory and autoimmune diseases, and neurodegenerative diseases.
- Human Genome Sciences (NASDAQ:HGSI): Down -7.29%. Human Genome Sciences, Inc. researches and develops proprietary pharmaceutical and diagnostic products. The Company’s products predict, prevent, detect, treat, and cure disease based on the discovery of human and microbial genes.
- Clearwire Corporation (NASDAQ:CLWR): Down -6.83%. Clearwire Corporation provides wireless broadband services. The Company operates a wireless network in the United States as well as other countries.
(Note: Selected financial data are sourced from Google Finance. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>