- Universal Display Corporation (NASDAQ:PANL): Up +24.5%. Universal Display Corporation is a member of the United States Display Consortium. The consortium is a cooperative industry/government effort aimed at developing an infrastructure to support a North American flat panel display infrastructure. The Company and its partners are developing high-resolution, full color, light weight Organic Light Emitting Diode (OLED) technology.
- Nevsun Resources (AMEX:NSU): Up +9.81%. Nevsun Resources Ltd. is a mineral exploration and development company. The Company mines for gold in Ghana and Mali, Africa.
- Silver Standard Resources Inc. (NASDAQ:SSRI): Up +9%. Silver Standard Resources Inc. is a silver exploration company focused on acquiring and developing silver resources on a global basis. The Company has projects in Argentina, Peru, Mexico, Canada, Chile, the United States and Australia.
- 99 Cents Only Stores (NYSE:NDN): Up +8.56%. 99 Cents Only Stores is a deep-discount retailer of primarily brand-name, consumable general merchandise. The Company’s stores offer a wide assortment of regularly available consumer goods, as well as a variety of first-quality, close-out merchandise. 99 Cents operates stores in the United States.
- Pan American Silver Corp. (NASDAQ:PAAS): Up +8.41%. Pan American Silver Corporation is a silver mining company with its principal property in Peru. The Company also explores and develops mines in Mexico.
- Fusion-IO, Inc. (NYSE:FIO): Down -8%. iShares FTSE NAREIT Industrial/Office Capped Index Fund is an exchange-traded fund incorporated in the USA. The Fund seeks investment results that correspond to the FTSE NAREIT Industrial/Office Capped Index.
- Yanzhou Coal Mining Co. (NYSE:YZC): Down -7.94%. Yanzhou Coal Mining Company Limited operates underground mining and coal preparation and operation businesses. Its products are sold in domestic and international markets. The Company also provides railway transportation services.
- Bank of America Corp (NYSE:BAC): Down -7.89%. Bank of America Corporation accepts deposits and offers banking, investing, asset management, and other financial and risk-management products and services. The Company has a mortgage lending subsidiary, and an investment banking and securities brokerage subsidiary.
- Quicksilver Resources Inc (NYSE:KWK): Down -7.4%. Quicksilver Resources Inc. is involved in the acquisition, development, exploration, production, and sale of natural gas and crude oil. The Company also conducts operations in the gathering, processing, and transmission of natural gas. Quicksilver owns properties in Michigan, Wyoming, and Montana in the United States, and in Canada.
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter >>