Marathon Oil: Exec Insider and Institutional Investor Buying in Q3
Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently increased stock shares of Marathon Oil Corporation (NYSE:MRO).
SEC data indicate these insiders have bought Marathon Oil Corporation’s stock since 06/30/2011:
- Boyce Gregory H: act as Director. On 08/05/2011, bought 10,000 shares, worth $252,200.
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly increased their stock shares of Marathon Oil Corporation in Q3 2011:
- MORGAN STANLEY: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 3,713,302 shares, worth $79,724,594.
- HERNDON CAPITAL MANAGEMENT: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 2,591,076 shares, worth $55,630,402.
- TEACHERS RETIREMENT SYSTEM OF THE STATE OF KENTUCKY: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 1,061,024 shares, worth $22,780,185.
- PUBLIC EMPLOYEES RETIREMENT ASSOCIATION OF COLORADO: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 647,620 shares, worth $13,904,401.
- QUANTITATIVE INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT, LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 476,600 shares, worth $10,232,602.
About the company: Marathon Oil Corporation, through its subsidiaries, is an integrated oil firm with operations worldwide. The Company explores for and produces and markets liquid hydrocarbons and natural gas on a worldwide basis. Marathon also mines, extracts and transports bitumen from oil sands deposits in Alberta, Canada and refines, markets and transports crude oil and petroleum products.
Competitors to Watch: Chevron Corporation (NYSE:CVX), ConocoPhillips (NYSE:COP), Hess Corp. (NYSE:HES), Exxon Mobil Corporation (NYSE:XOM), BP plc (NYSE:BP), TOTAL S.A. (NYSE:TOT), Statoil ASA (NYSE:STO) and Murphy Oil Corporation (NYSE:MUR).
(Note: Data regarding Marathon Oil Corporation’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>