Mario Gabelli: Top Barron Roundtable Stock Picks for 2011
Barron’s collected the opinions of ten market observers this weekend. Following is a summary of one of these investors’ calls on the market. What do you think of their selections? Be sure to stay tuned for an analysis of the other nine pundits’ calls.
Mario Gabelli: Mario Gabelli is the founder of Gabelli Asset Management Company (NYSE:GBL).
- El Paso Electric (NYSE:EE): The shares have traded in a 52-week range of $18.81 to $31.26 and most recently traded at $29.70. Its market capitalization is $1.25 billion, its P/E ratio is 13.37, it earned $2.23 per share last year, and it pays a dividend of $0.88 per share. About the company: El Paso Electric Company generates, distributes, and transmits electricity in west Texas and southern New Mexico. The Company also serves wholesale customers in Texas, New Mexico, California, and Mexico. El Paso Electric owns or has partial ownership interests in electrical generating facilities. Competitors include: NextEra Energy, Inc. (NYSE:NEE), Entergy Corporation (NYSE:ETR), PNM Resources, Inc. (NYSE:PNM), Exelon Corporation (NYSE:EXC), Edison International (NYSE:EIX), Pinnacle West Corporation (NYSE:PNW), UniSource Energy Corporation (NYSE:UNS), American Electric Power (NYSE:AEP), Xcel Energy Inc. (NYSE:XEL), and Cleco Corporation (NYSE:CNL).
- Brink’s (NYSE:BCO): The shares have traded in a 52-week range of $18.30 to $34.46 and most recently traded at $28.03. Its market capitalization is $1.31 billion, its P/E ratio is 15.88, it earned $1.76 per share last year, and it pays a dividend of $0.40 per share. About the company: The Brink’s Company provides security services globally. The Company provides secure transportation, cash logistics and other security-related services to banks and financial institutions, retailers, government agencies, mints, jewelers and other commercial operations around the world.
- National Fuel Gas (NYSE:NFG): The shares have traded in a 52-week range of $42.83 to $73.67 and most recently traded at $67.70. Its market capitalization is $5.6 billion, its P/E ratio is 22.09, it earned $3.07 per share last year, and it pays a dividend of $1.38 per share. About the company: National Fuel Gas Company is an integrated natural gas company with operations in all segments of the natural gas industry, including utility, pipeline and storage, exploration and production, and marketing operations. The Company operates across the United States. Competitors include: South Jersey Industries (NYSE:SJI), New Jersey Resources Co. (NYSE:NJR), WGL Holdings, Inc. (NYSE:WGL), Atmos Energy Corporation (NYSE:ATO), Gas Natural Inc. (AMEX:EGAS), AGL Resources Inc. (NYSE:AGL), Northwest Natural Gas (NYSE:NWN), The Laclede Group, Inc. (NYSE:LG), ONEOK, Inc. (NYSE:OKE), and UGI Corporation (NYSE:UGI).
- Genuine Parts (NYSE:GPC): The shares have traded in a 52-week range of $38.81 to $55.99 and most recently traded at $50.78 per share. Its market capitalization is $7.99 billion, its P/E ratio is 16.01, it earned $3.17 per share last year, and it paid a dividend of $1.80 per share. About the company: Genuine Parts Company distributes automotive replacement parts, industrial replacement parts, office products, and electrical/electronic materials. The Company conducts business throughout most of the United States, in Canada, and in Mexico. Competitors include: LKQ Corporation (NASDAQ:LKQX), Lithia Motors, Inc. (NYSE:LAD), and Dorman Products, Inc. (NASDAQ:DORM).
- Schiff Nutrition International (NYSE:WNI): The shares have traded in a 52-week range of $6.72 to $10.10 and most recently traded at $9.48. Its market capitalization is $270.94 million, its P/E ratio is 22.52, and it earned $0.42 per share last year. About the company: Schiff Nutrition International, Inc. develops, manufactures, markets, and sells branded and private label vitamins, nutritional supplements, and sports nutrition products. The Company markets its products in the United States and throughout the world.
(Note: All the original Barron’s article can be seen here. Selected financial data is taken from Yahoo! Finance. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Father’s Day is Approaching June 19th: Make Your Father the Rich Dad with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s Winning Newsletter!