Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently increased stock shares of Marriott International, Inc. (NYSE:MAR).
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly increased their stock shares of Marriott International, Inc. in Q3 2011:
- EMINENCE CAPITAL LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 2,616,321 shares, worth $71,006,952.
- MUNDER CAPITAL MANAGEMENT: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 2,485,326 shares, worth $67,451,748.
- HIGHFIELDS CAPITAL MANAGEMENT LP: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 770,000 shares, worth $20,897,800.
- MORGAN STANLEY: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 684,958 shares, worth $18,589,760.
- SCOPUS ASSET MANAGEMENT, L.P.: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 520,174 shares, worth $14,117,522.
About the company: Marriott International Inc. is a worldwide operator and franchisor of hotels. The Company franchises lodging facilities and vacation timesharing resorts under various brand names. Marriott also provides services to home and condominium owner associations for projects associated with several of its brands.
Competitors to Watch: Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc (NYSE:HOT), Wyndham Worldwide Corp. (NYSE:WYN), Hyatt Hotels Corporation (NYSE:H), Silverleaf Resorts, Inc. (NASDAQ:SVLF), Choice Hotels Intl., Inc. (NYSE:CHH), Gaylord Entertainment Co. (NYSE:GET), Bluegreen Corporation (NYSE:BXG), Red Lion Hotels Corp. (NYSE:RLH), and InterContinental Hotels Group PLC (NYSE:IHG).
(Note: Data regarding Marriott International, Inc.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>