Marriott International: Major Shareholders Cashing Stock in Q3
Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently decreased stock shares of Marriott International, Inc. (NYSE:MAR).
SEC data indicate these insiders have sold Marriott International, Inc.’s stock since 06/30/2011:
- Marriott J W Jr: act as Chairman & CEO, 10% Owner. On 08/29/2011, sold 156,316 shares, worth $4,500,300.
- Marriott J W Jr: act as Chairman & CEO, 10% Owner. On 08/11/2011, sold 156,316 shares, worth $4,308,100.
- Marriott Stephen G: act as 13D Group Owning more than 10%. On 08/17/2011, sold 29,208 shares, worth $838,000.
- Mccarthy Robert: act as Group President. On 10/10/2011, sold 18,750 shares, worth $556,300.
- Sorenson Arne M: act as President & COO. On 11/03/2011, sold 15,852 shares, worth $510,600.
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly reduced their stock shares of Marriott International, Inc. in Q3 2011:
- JENNISON ASSOCIATES LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 13,582,938 shares, worth $478,662,735. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- RAINIER INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT INC/: On 06/30/2011, held 4,692,142 shares, worth $165,351,084. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- VIKING GLOBAL INVESTORS LP: On 06/30/2011, held 3,139,086 shares, worth $110,621,391. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- CALAMOS ADVISORS LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 1,100,000 shares, worth $38,764,000. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- DAIWA SB INVESTMENTS LTD.: On 06/30/2011, held 1,015,700 shares, worth $35,793,268. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
About the company: Marriott International Inc. is a worldwide operator and franchisor of hotels. The Company franchises lodging facilities and vacation timesharing resorts under various brand names. Marriott also provides services to home and condominium owner associations for projects associated with several of its brands.
Competitors to Watch: Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc (NYSE:HOT), Wyndham Worldwide Corp. (NYSE:WYN), Hyatt Hotels Corporation (NYSE:H), Silverleaf Resorts, Inc. (NASDAQ:SVLF), Choice Hotels Intl., Inc. (NYSE:CHH), Gaylord Entertainment Co. (NYSE:GET), Bluegreen Corporation (NYSE:BXG), Red Lion Hotels Corp. (NYSE:RLH), and InterContinental Hotels Group PLC (NYSE:IHG).
(Note: Data regarding Marriott International, Inc.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>