Masco: Insiders and Funds Buying Shares in Third Quarter
Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently increased stock shares of Masco Corporation (NYSE:MAS).
SEC data indicate these insiders have bought Masco Corporation’s stock since 06/30/2011:
- Van Lokeren Mary Ann: act as Director. On 08/10/2011, bought 12,000 shares, worth $110,000.
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly increased their stock shares of Masco Corporation in Q3 2011:
- MORGAN STANLEY: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 1,416,235 shares, worth $9,984,457.
- GREAT WEST LIFE ASSURANCE CO /CAN/: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 898,010 shares, worth $6,330,971.
- PUBLIC EMPLOYEES RETIREMENT ASSOCIATION OF COLORADO: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 493,631 shares, worth $3,480,099.
- GRANTHAM, MAYO, VAN OTTERLOO & CO. LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 330,000 shares, worth $2,326,500.
- CYPRESS CAPITAL GROUP: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 279,175 shares, worth $1,968,184.
About the company: Masco Corporation manufactures, and sells home improvement and building products. The Company’s products include faucets, kitchen and bath cabinets, architectural coatings, and builders’ hardware products. Masco sells its products through mass merchandisers, home centers, hardware stores, and other wholesale and retail outlets to consumers and contractors.
Competitors to Watch: Fortune Brands, Inc. (NYSE:FO), American Woodmark Corp. (NASDAQ:AMWD), U.S. Home Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ:USHS), Patrick Industries, Inc. (NASDAQ:PATK), ALNO AG (AMEX:ANO), and Design Studio Furniture Manufacturer Ltd (D11).
(Note: Data regarding Masco Corporation’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>