MasterCard Profit Rises 38% to $5.63 Per Share
MasterCard, Inc.’s (NYSE:MA) profit rose 48% to $5.63 per share. Analysts had been expecting earnings of $4.82 per share. Its net revenue increased 27% to $1.8 billion, however, operating expenses rose 23% to $816 million due to costs associated acquisitions and capital expenditures related to technology investments.
Following is some information on the company’s stock price performance, along with that of some of its competitors.
- MasterCard Incorporated (NYSE:MA): The shares recently traded at $364.65, up $30.35, or 9.08%, on teh day. The shares have traded in a 52-week range of $215 to $363.25 and its market capitalization is $45.93 billion. About the company: MasterCard, Inc. is a global payment solutions company that provides a variety of services in support of the credit, debit and related payment programs of financial institutions. The Company offers transaction processing services for credit and debit cards, electronic cash, automated teller machines, and travelers checks.
- Visa, Inc. (NYSE:V): The shares recently traded at $92.84, up $2.81, or 3.31% on the day. The shares have traded in a 52-week range of $66.50 to $95.87 and its market capitalization is $75.39 billion. About the company: Visa, Inc. operates a retail electronic payments network and manages global financial services. The Company also offers global commerce through the transfer of value and information among financial institutions, merchants, consumers, businesses and government entities.
- Discover Financial Services (NYSE:DFS): The shares recently traded at $23.30, up $0.46, or 2.01%, on the day. The shares have traded in a 52-week range of $17.84 to $27.92 and its market capitalization is $12.81 billion. About the company: Discover Financial Services is a credit card issuer and electronic payment services company. The Company issues credit cards and offers student and personal loans, as well as savings products such as certificates of deposit and money market accounts and operates an automated teller machine/debit network, which includes ATMs, as well as POS terminals nationwide.
- Global Payments, Inc. (NYSE:GPN): The shares recently traded at $45.52, up $0.60, or 1.34%, on the day. The shares have traded in a 52-week range of $38.26 an its market capitalization is $53.67 and its market capitalization is $3.56 billion. About the company: Global Payments, Inc. provides electronic transaction processing, information systems, and services. The Company serves the financial, corporate, government, and merchant communities on a worldwide basis. Global Payments provides funds transfer, merchant services, merchant accounting, Internet services, and other services.
- American Express Company (NYSE:AXP): The shares recently traded at $49.99, p $1, or 2.04%, on the day. The shares have traded in a 52-week range of $41.25 to $53.80 and its market capitalization is $58.43 billion. About the company: American Express Company is a global payment and travel company. The Company’s principal products and services are charge and credit payment card products and travel-related services offered to consumers and businesses around the world.
(Note: Selected financial data are sourced from Google Finance. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>