Following is information on Matrix Asset Advisors top 10 holdings.
- ConocoPhillips (NYSE:COP): About the company: ConocoPhillips is an international, integrated energy company which operates in several business segments. The Company explores for and produces petroleum, and refines, markets, supplies, and transports petroleum. ConocoPhillips also gathers and processes natural gas, and produces and distributes chemicals and plastics. Competitors to Watch: Chevron Corporation (NYSE:CVX), Exxon Mobil Corporation (NYSE:XOM), BP plc (NYSE:BP), Marathon Oil Corporation (NYSE:MRO), Hess Corp. (NYSE:HES), China Petroleum & Chemical Corp. (NYSE:SNP), TOTAL S.A. (NYSE:TOT), Suncor (NYSE:SU) and Statoil ASA (NYSE:STO).
- eBay (NASDAQ:EBAY): About the company: eBay Inc. operates an online trading community. The Company’s service is used by buyers and sellers for the exchange of products and services such as coins, collectibles, computers, memorabilia, stamps and toys, as well as concert and sporting tickets. eBay also offers, through a subsidiary, secure online payment services. Competitors to Watch: Amazon.com, Inc. (NASDAQ:AMZN), GSI Commerce, Inc. (NASDAQ:GSIC), Liquidity Services, Inc. (NASDAQ:LQDT), Google Inc. (NASDAQ:GOOG), Overstock.com, Inc. (NASDAQ:OSTK), BIDZ.com, Inc. (NASDAQ:BIDZ), Gaiam, Inc. (NASDAQ:GAIA), U.S. Auto Parts Network, Inc. (NASDAQ:PRTS), HSN, Inc. (NASDAQ:HSNI), Wal-Mart (NYSE:WMT), Target (NYSE:TGT), Best Buy (NYSE:BBY).
- Devon Energy (NYSE:DVN): About the company: Devon Energy Corporation is an independent energy company that is involved primarily in oil and gas exploration, development and production, the transportation of oil, gas, and NGLs and the processing of natural gas. The Company also has marketing and midstream operations primarily in North America that include gas, crude oil and NGLs. Competitors to Watch: Chesapeake Energy Corp. (NYSE:CHK), Anadarko Petroleum Corp. (NYSE:APC), Targa Resources Partners LP (NYSE:NGLS), GeoResources, Inc. (NASDAQ:GEOI), QEP Resources, Inc. (NYSE:QEP), Newfield Exploration Co. (NYSE:NFX), SandRidge Energy Inc. (NYSE:SD), Swift Energy Company (NYSE:SFY), EOG Resources, Inc. (NYSE:EOG), and Gulfport Energy Corp. (NASDAQ:GPOR)
- Walgreen (NYSE:WAG): About the company: Walgreen Company operates retail drugstores that offer a wide variety of prescription and non-prescription drugs as well as general goods. The Company operates stores in the United States, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and Guam. Walgreen’s also offers health services, including primary and acute care, wellness, pharmacy and disease management services and health and fitness. Competitors to Watch: CVS (NYSE:CVS), Rite Aid Corporation (NYSE:RAD), PharMerica Corporation (NYSE:PMC), Medco Health Solutions Inc. (NYSE:MHS), drugstore.com, inc. (NASDAQ:DSCM), PetMed Express, Inc. (NASDAQ:PETS), Graymark Healthcare Inc (NASDAQ:GRMH), BioScrip Inc. (NASDAQ:BIOS)
- Zimmer Holdings (NYSE:ZMH): About the company: Zimmer Holdings, Inc. designs, develops, manufactures, and markets orthopaedic and dental reconstructive implants, spinal implants, trauma products and related surgical products. The Company also provides other healthcare related services. Zimmer markets its products in the United States and other countries around the world.
- JPMorgan Chase (NYSE:JPM): About the company: JPMorgan Chase & Co. provides global financial services and retail banking. The Company provides services such as investment banking, treasury and securities services, asset management, private banking, card member services, commercial banking, and home finance. JP Morgan Chase serves business enterprises, institutions, and individuals.
- Tidewater (NYSE:TDW): About the company: Tidewater Inc. provides offshore supply vessels and marine support services to the offshore energy exploration, development, and production industry. The Company tows and anchor-handles mobile drilling rigs and equipment, transports supplies and personnel, and supports pipelaying and other offshore construction activities.
- State Street (NYSE:STT): About the company: State Street Corporation services institutional investors and manages financial assets worldwide. The Company’s products and services include custody, accounting, administration, daily pricing, international exchange services, cash management, financial asset management, securities lending, and investment advisory services.
- Western Union (NYSE:WU): About the company: Western Union Company offers money transfer services. The Company offers consumer to consumer money transfer and bill paying services, and sells money orders.
- Wells Fargo (NYSE:WFC): About the company: Wells Fargo & Company is a diversified financial services company providing banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, leasing, credit cards, and consumer finance. The Company operates through physical stores, the Internet and other distribution channels across North America and elsewhere internationally. Competitors to Watch: Bank of America Corporation (NYSE:BAC), Citigroup, Inc. (NYSE:C), U.S. Bancorp (NYSE:USB), PNC Financial (NYSE:PNC), SunTrust (NYSE:STI), Keycorp (NYSE:KEY), Goldman Sachs (NYSE:GS), Regions Financial (NYSE:RF), Comerica (NYSE:CMA) and JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE:JPM).
(Note: Data on the top 10 holdings can be found here. Selected financial data is taken from Yahoo! Finance and is assumed to be accurate.)
Father’s Day is Approaching June 19th (Gift a Free Trial): Make Your Father the Rich Dad with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s Winning Newsletter!