McKesson: Big Institutional Investors Supporting Shares in Q3
Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently increased stock shares of McKesson Corporation (NYSE:MCK).
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly increased their stock shares of McKesson Corporation in Q3 2011:
- MAVERICK CAPITAL LTD: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 4,432,558 shares, worth $321,404,781.
- MORGAN STANLEY: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 963,051 shares, worth $69,830,828.
- TEACHERS RETIREMENT SYSTEM OF THE STATE OF KENTUCKY: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 358,132 shares, worth $25,968,151.
- WEDGE CAPITAL MANAGEMENT L L P/NC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 317,950 shares, worth $23,054,555.
- ATLANTIC INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT INC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 274,575 shares, worth $19,909,433.
About the company: McKesson Corporation distributes pharmaceuticals, medical-surgical supplies, and and health and beauty care products throughout North America. The Company also develops, implements, and supports software that facilitates the integration of data throughout the health enterprise. In addition, McKesson offers analytic, care management, and patient solutions for payers.
Competitors to Watch: AmerisourceBergen Corp. (NYSE:ABC), Cardinal Health, Inc. (NYSE:CAH), Henry Schein, Inc. (NASDAQ:HSIC), Patterson Companies, Inc. (NASDAQ:PDCO), Cerner Corporation (NASDAQ:CERN), Owens & Minor, Inc. (NYSE:OMI), Omnicare, Inc. (NYSE:OCR), Grupo Casa Saba, S.A. (NYSE:SAB), MWI Veterinary Supply, Inc. (NASDAQ:MWIV), and Allscripts Healthcare Solutions Inc (NASDAQ:MDRX).
(Note: Data regarding McKesson Corporation’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>