MeadWestvaco: Exec Insider and Fund Stock Sales in Third Quarter
Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently decreased stock shares of MeadWestvaco Corporation (NYSE:MWV).
SEC data indicate these insiders have sold MeadWestvaco Corporation’s stock since 06/30/2011:
- Banu John E: act as VICE PRESIDENT and CONTROLLER. On 06/30/2011, sold 3,002 shares, worth $100,000.
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly reduced their stock shares of MeadWestvaco Corporation in Q3 2011:
- KARSCH CAPITAL MANAGEMENT LP: On 06/30/2011, held 884,618 shares, worth $28,980,086. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- SCOPUS ASSET MANAGEMENT, L.P.: On 06/30/2011, held 813,071 shares, worth $26,636,206. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- FERGUSON WELLMAN CAPITAL MANAGEMENT, INC: On 06/30/2011, held 379,413 shares, worth $12,429,570. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- ACADIAN ASSET MANAGEMENT LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 371,234 shares, worth $12,161,626. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- BRIDGEWAY CAPITAL MANAGEMENT INC: On 06/30/2011, held 160,700 shares, worth $5,264,532. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
About the company: MeadWestvaco Corporation is a global packaging company that provides packaging solutions to the healthcare, personal and beauty care, food, beverage, tobacco, media and entertainment, and home and garden industries. The Company’s other operations serve the consumer and office products, specialty chemicals, forestry and real estate markets.
Competitors to Watch: Smurfit-Stone Container Corp. (NYSE:SSCC), Rock-Tenn Company (NYSE:RKT), Packaging Corp. of America (NYSE:PKG), MOD-PAC CORP. (NASDAQ:MPAC), Graphic Packaging Holding Co. (NYSE:GPK), International Paper Co. (NYSE:IP), KapStone Paper and Packaging Corp. (NYSE:KS), Clearwater Paper Corp (NYSE:CLW), Temple-Inland, Inc. (NYSE:TIN).
(Note: Data regarding MeadWestvaco Corporation’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>