Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently increased stock shares of MeadWestvaco Corporation (NYSE:MWV).
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly increased their stock shares of MeadWestvaco Corporation in Q3 2011:
- MORGAN STANLEY: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 794,950 shares, worth $19,349,083.
- KOHLBERG KRAVIS ROBERTS & CO.: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 410,600 shares, worth $9,994,004.
- HBK INVESTMENTS L P: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 115,500 shares, worth $2,811,270.
- TEXAS PERMANENT SCHOOL FUND: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 108,519 shares, worth $2,641,352.
- PUBLIC EMPLOYEES RETIREMENT ASSOCIATION OF COLORADO: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 108,505 shares, worth $2,641,012.
About the company: MeadWestvaco Corporation is a global packaging company that provides packaging solutions to the healthcare, personal and beauty care, food, beverage, tobacco, media and entertainment, and home and garden industries. The Company’s other operations serve the consumer and office products, specialty chemicals, forestry and real estate markets.
Competitors to Watch: Smurfit-Stone Container Corp. (NYSE:SSCC), Rock-Tenn Company (NYSE:RKT), Packaging Corp. of America (NYSE:PKG), MOD-PAC CORP. (NASDAQ:MPAC), Graphic Packaging Holding Co. (NYSE:GPK), International Paper Co. (NYSE:IP), KapStone Paper and Packaging Corp. (NYSE:KS), Clearwater Paper Corp (NYSE:CLW), Temple-Inland, Inc. (NYSE:TIN).
(Note: Data regarding MeadWestvaco Corporation’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>