Merck: Major Shareholders Cashing Stock in Q3
Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently decreased stock shares of Merck & Co. Inc. (NYSE:MRK).
SEC data indicate these insiders have sold Merck & Co. Inc.’s stock since 06/30/2011:
- Bowles Richard S Iii: act as Exe VP&Chief Ethics & ComplOff. On 11/11/2011, sold 30,000 shares, worth $1,077,000.
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly reduced their stock shares of Merck & Co. Inc. in Q3 2011:
- SENATOR INVESTMENT GROUP LP: On 06/30/2011, held 3,000,000 shares, worth $104,610,000. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- HUSSMAN ECONOMETRICS ADVISORS INC.: On 06/30/2011, held 2,205,000 shares, worth $76,888,350. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- APPALOOSA MANAGEMENT LP: On 06/30/2011, held 2,113,620 shares, worth $73,701,929. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- ALYESKA INVESTMENT GROUP L.P.: On 06/30/2011, held 2,100,000 shares, worth $73,227,000. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- HGK ASSET MANAGEMENT INC: On 06/30/2011, held 1,441,181 shares, worth $50,253,981. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
About the company: Merck & Co., Inc. is a global pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops, manufactures, and markets a broad range of human and animal health products. Merck’s products include a treatment for elevated cholesterol, a treatment for male pattern hair loss, a preventive treatment for osteoporosis, a treatment for hypertension, and a treatment for allergic rhinitis.
Competitors to Watch: Johnson & Johnson (NYSE:JNJ), Pfizer Inc. (NYSE:PFE), Bristol Myers Squibb Co. (NYSE:BMY), GlaxoSmithKline plc (NYSE:GSK), Sanofi-Aventis SA (NYSE:SNY), Eli Lilly & Co. (NYSE:LLY), Abbott Laboratories (NYSE:ABT), Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd (NASDAQ:TEVA), and Novartis AG (NYSE:NVS).
(Note: Data regarding Merck & Co. Inc.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>