Microsoft: Institutional Investors Buying Shares in Third Quarter
Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently increased stock shares of Microsoft Corporation (NASDAQ:MSFT).
SEC data indicate that no insiders have bought Microsoft Corporation’s stock since 06/30/2011.
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly increased their stock shares of Microsoft Corporation in Q3 2011:
- MORGAN STANLEY: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 66,058,566 shares, worth $1,631,646,580.
- RCM CAPITAL MANAGEMENT LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 12,834,510 shares, worth $317,012,397.
- INTERNATIONAL VALUE ADVISERS, LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 10,427,398 shares, worth $257,556,731.
- COMMERZBANK AKTIENGESELLSCHAFT /FI: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 9,994,370 shares, worth $246,860,939.
- RENAISSANCE TECHNOLOGIES LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 9,525,584 shares, worth $235,281,925.
About the company: Microsoft Corporation develops, manufactures, licenses, sells, and supports software products. The Company offers operating system software, server application software, business and consumer applications software, software development tools, and Internet and intranet software. Microsoft also develops video game consoles and digital music entertainment devices.
Competitors to Watch: Google Inc. (NASDAQ:GOOG), Novell, Inc. (NASDAQ:NOVL), Oracle Corporation (NASDAQ:ORCL), Intl. Business Machines Corp. (NYSE:IBM), Hewlett-Packard Company (NYSE:HPQ), Yahoo! Inc. (NASDAQ:YHOO), Apple Inc. (NASDAQ:AAPL), Adobe Systems Incorporated (NASDAQ:ADBE), Intel Corporation (NASDAQ:INTC), and Sony Corporation (NYSE:SNE).
(Note: Data regarding Microsoft Corporation’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>