Monsanto: Exec Insiders and Funds Selling Stock in Third Quarter
Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently decreased stock shares of Monsanto Co. (NYSE:MON).
SEC data indicate these insiders have sold Monsanto Co.’s stock since 06/30/2011:
- Grant Hugh: act as Chairman, President & CEO. On 07/13/2011, sold 150,620 shares, worth $11,296,500.
- Begemann Brett D: act as EVP & Chief Commercial Officer. On 07/25/2011, sold 35,437 shares, worth $2,693,200.
- Madere Consuelo E.: act as VP, Global Veg/Asia Commercial. On 10/27/2011, sold 1,227 shares, worth $95,700.
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly reduced their stock shares of Monsanto Co. in Q3 2011:
- INDEPENDENT FRANCHISE PARTNERS LLP: On 06/30/2011, held 2,061,909 shares, worth $148,292,495. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- CHILTON INVESTMENT CO LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 1,512,371 shares, worth $108,769,722. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- FRIESS ASSOCIATES LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 1,349,100 shares, worth $97,027,272. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- WEITZ WALLACE R & CO: On 06/30/2011, held 405,238 shares, worth $29,144,717. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- VINIK ASSET MANAGEMENT L P: On 06/30/2011, held 355,000 shares, worth $25,531,600. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
About the company: Monsanto Company provides agricultural products for farmers. The Company’s business segments are seeds and genomics. Monsanto produces a wide range of seeds and develops biotechnology traits that assist farmers in controlling insects and weeds as well as provides other seed companies with genetic material and biotechnology traits for their seed brands.
Competitors to Watch: SSyngenta AG (NYSE:SYT), The Scotts Miracle-Gro Co. (NYSE:SMG), The Dow Chemical Company (NYSE:DOW), FMC Corporation (NYSE:FMC), The Mosaic Company (NYSE:MOS), American Vanguard Corp. (NYSE:AVD), Potash (NYSE:POT), CF Industries Hldgs., Inc. (NYSE:CF) and Origin Agritech Ltd. (NASDAQ:SEED).
(Note: Data regarding Monsanto Co.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>