Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently decreased stock shares of National Oilwell Varco, Inc. (NYSE:NOV).
SEC data indicate these insiders have sold National Oilwell Varco, Inc.’s stock since 06/30/2011:
- Williams Clay C: act as Exec. Vice President and CFO(Click HERE for the list of stocks that their CFOs have bought). On 08/02/2011, sold 100,000 shares, worth $7,900,000.
- Reese Mark A: act as Group President. On 07/27/2011, sold 23,178 shares, worth $1,877,400.
- Jarvis Roger L: act as Director. On 11/10/2011, sold 10,000 shares, worth $676,100.
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly reduced their stock shares of National Oilwell Varco, Inc. in Q3 2011:
- CITADEL ADVISORS LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 1,715,801 shares, worth $133,729,530. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- FRIESS ASSOCIATES LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 908,500 shares, worth $70,808,490. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- VINIK ASSET MANAGEMENT L P: On 06/30/2011, held 686,600 shares, worth $53,513,604. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- KINGDON CAPITAL MANAGEMENT LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 350,000 shares, worth $27,279,000. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- MT LUCAS MANAGEMENT CORP: On 06/30/2011, held 347,768 shares, worth $27,105,038. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
About the company: National Oilwell Varco Inc. designs, manufactures, and sells machinery, equipment, and downhole products used in oil and gas drilling and production. The Company also provides oilfield inspection and other services, and supply chain integration services to the upstream oil and gas industry.
Competitors to Watch: National-Oilwell Varco, Inc. (NO8), Baker Hughes Incorporated (NYSE:BHI), Tesco Corporation (NASDAQ:TESO), Cameron Intl. Corp. (NYSE:CAM), T-3 Energy Services, Inc. (NASDAQ:TTES), Oil States Intl., Inc. (NYSE:OIS), Flotek Industries, Inc. (NYSE:FTK), FMC Technologies, Inc. (NYSE:FTI), Lufkin Industries, Inc. (NASDAQ:LUFK), and Schlumberger Limited. (NYSE:SLB).
(Note: Data regarding National Oilwell Varco, Inc.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>