Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently increased stock shares of National Oilwell Varco, Inc. (NYSE:NOV).
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly increased their stock shares of National Oilwell Varco, Inc. in Q3 2011:
- RCM CAPITAL MANAGEMENT LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 3,298,832 shares, worth $168,669,280.
- MORGAN STANLEY: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 2,213,387 shares, worth $113,170,477.
- RENAISSANCE TECHNOLOGIES LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 1,996,710 shares, worth $102,091,782.
- MERCHANTS’ GATE CAPITAL LP: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 1,410,500 shares, worth $72,118,865.
- CARLSON CAPITAL L P: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 663,200 shares, worth $33,909,416.
About the company: National Oilwell Varco Inc. designs, manufactures, and sells machinery, equipment, and downhole products used in oil and gas drilling and production. The Company also provides oilfield inspection and other services, and supply chain integration services to the upstream oil and gas industry.
Competitors to Watch: National-Oilwell Varco, Inc. (NO8), Baker Hughes Incorporated (NYSE:BHI), Tesco Corporation (NASDAQ:TESO), Cameron Intl. Corp. (NYSE:CAM), T-3 Energy Services, Inc. (NASDAQ:TTES), Oil States Intl., Inc. (NYSE:OIS), Flotek Industries, Inc. (NYSE:FTK), FMC Technologies, Inc. (NYSE:FTI), Lufkin Industries, Inc. (NASDAQ:LUFK), and Schlumberger Limited. (NYSE:SLB).
(Note: Data regarding National Oilwell Varco, Inc.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>