Neurocrine Biosciences: Major Shareholders Supporting Shares in Q3
Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently increased stock shares of Neurocrine Biosciences Inc. (NASDAQ:NBIX).
SEC data indicate these insiders have bought Neurocrine Biosciences Inc.’s stock since 06/30/2011:
- Bvf Partners L P/il: act as 10% Owner. On 10/11/2011, bought 73,900 shares, worth $413,800.
- Bvf Partners L P/il: act as 10% Owner. On 10/12/2011, bought 29,500 shares, worth $175,800.
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly increased their stock shares of Neurocrine Biosciences Inc. in Q3 2011:
- MORGAN STANLEY: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 367,191 shares, worth $2,195,802.
- SUSQUEHANNA INTERNATIONAL GROUP, LLP: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 50,739 shares, worth $303,419.
- STRS OHIO: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 44,600 shares, worth $266,708.
- PUBLIC EMPLOYEES RETIREMENT ASSOCIATION OF COLORADO: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 35,200 shares, worth $210,496.
- TFS CAPITAL LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 27,032 shares, worth $161,651.
About the company: Neurocrine Biosciences, Inc. is focused on the discovery and development of therapeutics for neuropsychiatric, neuroinflammatory, and neurodegenerative diseases and disorders. The Company is developing therapeutic interventions for anxiety, depression, Alzheimer’s disease, insomnia, stroke, malignant brain tumors, multiple sclerosis, obesity, and diabetes.
Competitors to Watch: GlaxoSmithKline plc (NYSE:GSK), Abbott Laboratories (NYSE:ABT), Repligen Corporation (NASDAQ:RGEN), Pfizer Inc. (NYSE:PFE), EntreMed, Inc. (NASDAQ:ENMD), Johnson & Johnson (NYSE:JNJ), Transcept Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NASDAQ:TSPT), BioSante Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NASDAQ:BPAX), Forest Laboratories, Inc. (NYSE:FRX), and Repros Therapeutics Inc. (NASDAQ:RPRX).
(Note: Data regarding Neurocrine Biosciences Inc.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>