Wall St. Watchdog reveals information about 35 stocks that hit 52-week highs in today’s trading. Note that this list excludes all stocks with a market capitalization less than $10 billion:
- The TJX Companies, Inc. (NYSE:TJX): Up 1.52% to $58.24. The TJX Companies, Inc. is an off-price apparel and home fashion retailer in the United States and worldwide. The Company operates off-price retail concepts in the U.S., Canada and Europe that offer a wide range of brand name and designer merchandise.
- FirstEnergy Corp. (NYSE:FE): Up 2.43% to $46.02. FirstEnergy Corp. is a public utility holding company. The Company’s subsidiaries and affiliates are involved in the generation, transmission and distribution of electricity, exploration and production of oil and natural gas, transmission and marketing of natural gas, and energy management and other energy-related services.
- Public Service Enterprise Group Inc. (NYSE:PEG): Up 1.37% to $34.81. Public Service Enterprise Group Incorporated is a public utility holding company. The Company, through its subsidiaries, generates, transmits, and distributes electricity and produces natural gas in in the Northeastern and Mid Atlantic United States.
- Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Inc. (NASDAQ:GMCR): Down 1.68% to $109.75. Green Mountain Coffee Roasters, Inc. roasts Arabica coffees and offers various coffee selections. The Company’s products include single-origin, estate, certified organic, Fair Trade, signature blends, and flavored coffees sold under the Green Mountain Coffee Roasters brand. Green Mountain serves offices, supermarkets, and convenience stores, and operates a direct mail business.
- Consolidated Edison Inc. (NYSE:ED): Up 1.48% to $58.10. Consolidated Edison, Inc., through its subsidiaries, provides a variety of energy related products and services. The Company supplies electric service in New York, parts of New Jersey, and Pennsylvania as well as supplies electricity to wholesale customers.
- PPL Corporation (NYSE:PPL): Up 2.06% to $29.27. PPL Corporation is an energy and utility holding company. The Company, through its subsidiaries, generates electricity from power plants in the northeastern and western United States, and markets wholesale and retail energy primarily in the northeastern and western portions of the United States, and delivers electricity in Pennsylvania and the United Kingdom.
- Williams Partners L.P. (NYSE:WPZ): Up 1.78% to $55.98. Williams Partners LP is a master limited partnership that owns natural gas gathering, transportation, processing and treating assets.
- Progress Energy Inc. (NYSE:PGN): Up 0.83% to $51.16. Progress Energy, Inc. is an integrated electric utility that provides energy and energy-related products and services in the Southeast United States. The Company serves electric and gas customers in the Carolinas and in Florida.
- Polo Ralph Lauren Corp. (NYSE:RL): Up 0.83% to $151.77. Polo Ralph Lauren Corporation designs, markets, and distributes men’s, women’s and children’s apparel, accessories, fragrances, and home furnishings. The Company’s products are sold under a wide range of brands. Polo’s operations include Wholesale, Retail and Licensing.
- The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. (NYSE:MHP): Down 0.42% to $45.25. Founded in 1888, The McGraw-Hill Companies is a leading global financial information and education company that helps professionals and students succeed in the Knowledge Economy. Leading brands include Standard & Poor’s, McGraw-Hill Education, Platts energy information services and J.D. Power and Associates. The Corporation has approximately 21,000 employees with more than 280 offices in 40 countries. Sales in 2010 were $6.2 billion.
- Goodrich Corp. (NYSE:GR): Up 3.92% to $111.82. Goodrich Corporation supplies aerospace components, systems, and services to customers located worldwide. The Company manufactures various aerostructures, aircraft evacuation systems, passenger restraint systems, sensor systems, pump and engine controls, de-icing systems, and other products. Goodrich serves the commercial, military, general aviation, and space industries.
- Whole Foods Market, Inc. (NASDAQ:WFM): Down 0.14% to $72.00. Whole Foods Market, Inc. owns and operates a chain of natural food supermarkets in the United States. The Company’s stores provides full range of merchandise, featuring products that are free of artificial flavors, sweeteners, colors, preservatives, and added chemicals. Whole Foods also develops, produces, and markets nutriceuticals and nutritional supplements.
- Xcel Energy Inc. (NYSE:XEL): Up 0.24% to $25.25. Xcel Energy, Inc. provides electric and natural gas services. The Company offers a variety of energy-related services, including generation, transmission, and distribution of electricity and natural gas throughout the United States. Xcel utilities serve customers in portions of Colorado, Michigan, Minnesota, New Mexico, North Dakota, South Dakota, Texas and Wisconsin.
- Alexion Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NASDAQ:ALXN): Up 3.68% to $66.20. Alexion Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a biopharmaceutical company, researches and develops proprietary immunoregulatory compounds for the treatment of autoimmune and cardiovascular diseases. The Company develops C5 complement inhibitors and Apogens which are two classes of potential therapeutic compounds designed to selectively target specific disease-causing segments of the immune system.
- Cerner Corporation (NASDAQ:CERN): Up 4.32% to $70.28. Cerner Corporation is a worldwide supplier of healthcare solutions and services. The Company’s Solutions are designed to optimize clinical and financial outcomes for healthcare organizations ranging from single-doctor practices, to health systems, to entire countries, for the pharmaceutical and medical device industries, and for the healthcare commerce system.
- Fastenal Co. (NASDAQ:FAST): Up 0.36% to $36.62. Fastenal Company sell industrial and construction supplies in a wholesale and retail fashion. The Company markets its products and services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico, Puerto Rico, Singapore, China, and The Netherlands.
- Chipotle Mexican Grill, Inc. (NYSE:CMG): Down 0.88% to $333.19. Chipotle Mexican Grill, Inc. owns and operates quick serve Mexican restaurants. The Company operates restaurants throughout the United States.
- Randgold Resources Ltd. (NASDAQ:GOLD): Up 3.02% to $113.45. Randgold Resources Limited is a gold mining and exploration company. The Company conducts gold mining operations in regions throughout the gold regions of Africa.
(Note: Selected financial data are sourced from FINVIZ.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>