New 52-Week Lows: Netflix Leads 18 Large-Cap Stocks (NFLX, ACH, AL, AWC, CEO, CX, DNR, FCX, FSLR, HSP, ILMN, JLL, MTL, NXY, TCK, TNE, UNG, YOKU)
Wall St. Watchdog reveals information about 18 stocks that hit 52-week lows in today’s trading. Note that this list excludes all stocks with a market capitalization less than $2 billion:
- Aluminum Corporation Of China Limited (NYSE:ACH): Down 2.03% to $13.49. Aluminum Corporation of China Limited, also known as Chalco, is a producer of alumina and primary aluminum in China. The Company refines bauxite into alumina and smelts aluminato to produce primary aluminum.
- Air Lease Corporation (NYSE:AL): Down 1.3% to $19.76. Air Lease Corporation is an aircraft leasing company. The Company is principally engaged in purchasing commercial aircraft and leasing to airlines around the world. Air Lease operates on a global basis, providing aircraft to airline customers in regions that include Asia, the Pacific Rim, Latin America, the Middle East and Eastern Europe.
- Alumina Ltd. (NYSE:AWC): Down 3.08% to $5.98. Alumina Limited is an Australian resource company that produces alumina. The Company owns about 40% of Alcoa World Alumina and Chemicals through a joint venture with Alcoa.
- CNOOC Ltd. (NYSE:CEO): Down 0.66% to $168.85. CNOOC Limited, through its subsidiaries, explores, develops, produces, and sells crude oil and natural gas.
- CEMEX, S.A.B. de C.V. (NYSE:CX): Down 9.35% to $4.17. Cemex SAB de CV is a building products company. The Company produces, distributes, and markets cement, ready-mix concrete, aggregates, and related building materials. Cemex operates throughout the Americas, Europe, Africa, the Middle East, and Asia.
- Denbury Resources Inc. (NYSE:DNR): Down 2.62% to $13.75. Denbury Resources Inc. acquires, develops, operates and explores oil, and gas properties, primarily in the Gulf Coast region of the United States.
- Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold Inc. (NYSE:FCX): Down 4.15% to $38.55. Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold Inc., through its subsidiary, is a copper, gold and molybdenum mining company. The Company primarily mines for copper and owns mining interests in Chile and Indonesia. Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold also, through a subsidiary, is involved in smelting and refining of copper concentrates.
- First Solar, Inc. (NASDAQ:FSLR): Down 5.6% to $79.21. First Solar, Inc. designs and manufactures solar modules. The Company uses a thin film semiconductor technology to manufacture electricity-producing solar modules.
- Hospira Inc. (NYSE:HSP): Down 1.66% to $37.86. Hospira, Inc. is a global specialty pharmaceutical and medication delivery company. The Company’s product portfolio includes generic acute-care and oncology injectables, as well as integrated infusion therapy and medication management systems.
- Illumina Inc. (NASDAQ:ILMN): Down 5.17% to $44.98. Illumina, Inc. develops, manufactures and markets integrated systems for the large scale analysis of genetic variation and biological function. The Company provides a comprehensive line of products and services that currently serve the sequencing, genotyping and gene expression markets for genomic research centers, pharmaceutical companies, academic institutions and biotechnology companies.
- Jones Lang Lasalle Inc. (NYSE:JLL): Down 2.56% to $57.18. Jones Lang LaSalle Incorporated provides real estate and investment management services. The Company serves multinationals, corporations, institutions, occupiers, and investors from offices in markets located around the world. Jones Lang provides services such as tenant representation, property management, agency leasing, finance, and valuations.
- Mechel OAO (NYSE:MTL): Down 5.34% to $14.35. Mechel is a Russian metals and mining company, uniting producers of steel, rolled products, hardware, coal, iron ore concentrate, and nickel. The Company’s products are marketed domestically and internationally.
- Netflix, Inc. (NASDAQ:NFLX): Down 9.54% to $130.03. Netflix Inc. is an online movie rental service. The Company ships DVDs with no due dates or late fees, directly to the subscriber’s address. Netflix also provides background information on DVD releases, including critic reviews, member reviews and ratings, and personalized movie recommendations.
- Nexen Inc. (NYSE:NXY): Down 3.12% to $18.30. Nexen Inc., operates as an energy company and explores for, develops, produces and markets crude oil, natural gas and power. The Company’s oil and gas exploration and development activities are conducted in the North Sea, Canada, Gulf of Mexico, offshore West Africa, and Yemen.
- Teck Resources Limited (NYSE:TCK): Down 4.75% to $36.30. Teck Resources Ltd. is an integrated natural resource group with activities in mining, smelting, and refining. The Company mines zinc, copper, molybdenum, gold, and metallurgical coal in the United States, Canada, Peru, and Chile. Teck also produces refined metals, specialized metal products, and other products.
- Tele Norte Leste Participacoes S.A. (NYSE:TNE): Down 3.12% to $10.88. Tele Norte Leste Participacoes S.A. is a telecommunication service provider in Brazil. The Company offers a range of integrated telecommunication services that includes fixed-line and mobile telecommunications, data transmission, Internet service provider (NYSE:ISP) services and other services, for residential and business customers.
- United States Natural Gas (NYSE:UNG): Down 1.65% to $9.51. United States Natural Gas Fund LP is an exchange-traded fund incorporated in the USA. The Fund’s objective is for the units’ net asset value to reflect the performance of the price of natural gas delivered at the Henry Hub, Louisiana, as measured by the futures contract on natural gas traded on the New York Mercantile Exchange.
- Youku.com Inc (NYSE:YOKU): Down 3.9% to $18.25. Youku.com Inc. is an Internet television company. The Company’s Internet television platform enables consumers to search, view and share video content quickly and easily across multiple devices in the People’s Republic of China.
(Note: Selected financial data are sourced from FINVIZ.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>