Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently increased stock shares of FLIR Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ:FLIR).
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly increased their stock shares of FLIR Systems, Inc. in Q3 2011:
- ARTISAN PARTNERS LIMITED PARTNERSHIP: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 4,515,800 shares, worth $112,849,842.
- RCM CAPITAL MANAGEMENT LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 3,991,210 shares, worth $99,740,338.
- GREAT WEST LIFE ASSURANCE CO /CAN/: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 238,617 shares, worth $5,963,039.
- PUBLIC EMPLOYEES RETIREMENT ASSOCIATION OF COLORADO: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 122,510 shares, worth $3,061,525.
- KENNEDY CAPITAL MANAGEMENT INC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 114,934 shares, worth $2,872,201.
About the company: FLIR Systems, Inc. designs, manufactures, and markets thermal imaging and broadcast camera systems for a variety of applications in the commercial and government markets. The Company makes products for condition monitoring, research and development, airborne observation and broadcast, search and rescue, and surveillance and reconnaissance.
Competitors to Watch: L-3 Communications Hldgs., Inc. (NYSE:LLL), General Dynamics Corp. (NYSE:GD), Raytheon Company (NYSE:RTN), Irvine Sensors Corporation (IRSN), Elbit Systems Ltd. (NASDAQ:ESLT), Herley Industries, Inc. (NASDAQ:HRLY), Cubic Corporation (NYSE:CUB), Anaren, Inc. (NASDAQ:ANEN), and Tel-Instrument Electronics Corp. (AMEX:TIK).
(Note: Data regarding FLIR Systems, Inc.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>