Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently increased stock shares of Textron Inc. (NYSE:TXT).
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly increased their stock shares of Textron Inc. in Q3 2011:
- MORGAN STANLEY: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 2,185,939 shares, worth $38,559,964.
- GREAT LAKES ADVISORS, LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 1,213,672 shares, worth $21,409,174.
- CAPITAL RESEARCH GLOBAL INVESTORS: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 1,175,000 shares, worth $20,727,000.
- TEACHERS RETIREMENT SYSTEM OF THE STATE OF KENTUCKY: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 710,400 shares, worth $12,531,456.
- OZ MANAGEMENT LP: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 688,090 shares, worth $12,137,908.
About the company: Textron Inc. is a global, multi-industry company with operations in aircraft, defense, industrial products, and finance. The Company’s products include airplanes, helicopters, weapons, and automotive products. Textron’s finance division offers asset based lending, aviation, distribution, golf, and resort finance, as well as structured capital.
Competitors to Watch: The Boeing Company (NYSE:BA), General Electric Company (NYSE:GE), Embraer SA (NYSE:ERJ), 3M Company (NYSE:MMM), Spirit AeroSystems Hldgs., Inc. (NYSE:SPR), Honeywell Intl. Inc. (NYSE:HON), Tyco International Ltd. (NYSE:TYC), Carlisle Companies, Inc. (NYSE:CSL), United Technologies Corp. (NYSE:UTX), and Siemens AG (NYSE:SI).
(Note: Data regarding Textron Inc.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>