Newfield Exploration: Major Institutions Selling Shares in Third Quarter
Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently decreased stock shares of Newfield Exploration Co. (NYSE:NFX).
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly reduced their stock shares of Newfield Exploration Co. in Q3 2011:
- CITADEL ADVISORS LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 1,167,333 shares, worth $79,401,991. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- ZIMMER LUCAS CAPITAL LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 363,000 shares, worth $24,691,260. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- BLACKTHORN INVESTMENT GROUP LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 294,259 shares, worth $20,015,497. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- MOORE CAPITAL MANAGEMENT, LP: On 06/30/2011, held 200,000 shares, worth $13,604,000. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- SCOUT INVESTMENTS, INC.: On 06/30/2011, held 147,933 shares, worth $10,062,403. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
About the company: Newfield Exploration Company is an independent oil and gas company which explores, develops, and acquires oil and natural gas properties. The Company operates in the Gulf of Mexico, in the onshore United States Gulf Coast, within the North Sea, within Malaysia, and in the Bohai Bay in China.
Competitors to Watch: Harvest Natural Resources, Inc. (NYSE:HNR), Hess Corp. (NYSE:HES), Anadarko Petroleum Corp. (NYSE:APC), EOG Resources, Inc. (NYSE:EOG), Noble Energy, Inc. (NYSE:NBL), Devon Energy Corporation (NYSE:DVN), GeoResources, Inc. (NASDAQ:GEOI), Stone Energy Corporation (NYSE:SGY), Chesapeake Energy Corp. (NYSE:CHK), and Carrizo Oil & Gas, Inc. (NASDAQ:CRZO).
(Note: Data regarding Newfield Exploration Co.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>