Nisource: Institutional Investors Buying Stock in Third Quarter
Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently increased stock shares of Nisource Inc. (NYSE:NI).
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly increased their stock shares of Nisource Inc. in Q3 2011:
- MUNDER CAPITAL MANAGEMENT: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 4,423,043 shares, worth $93,591,590.
- RAINIER INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT INC/: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 2,132,860 shares, worth $45,131,318.
- MORGAN STANLEY: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 1,476,302 shares, worth $31,238,550.
- SANDELL ASSET MANAGEMENT CORP: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 417,500 shares, worth $8,834,300.
- PENN CAPITAL MANAGEMENT CO INC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 406,119 shares, worth $8,593,478.
About the company: NiSource Inc. is an energy holding company. The Company’s subsidiaries provide natural gas, electricity and other products and services to customers located within a corridor that runs from the Gulf Coast through the Midwest to New England.
Competitors to Watch: Ameren Corporation (NYSE:AEE), CenterPoint Energy, Inc. (NYSE:CNP), Unitil Corporation (NYSE:UTL), Dominion Resources, Inc. (NYSE:D), NorthWestern Corporation (NYSE:NWE), Consolidated Edison, Inc. (NYSE:ED), E.ON AG (EONGY), CMS Energy Corporation (NYSE:CMS), Sempra Energy (NYSE:SRE), and Integrys Energy Group, Inc. (NYSE:TEG).
(Note: Data regarding Nisource Inc.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>