Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently increased stock shares of Northwest Bancshares, Inc. (NASDAQ:NWBI).
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly increased their stock shares of Northwest Bancshares, Inc. in Q3 2011:
- KENNEDY CAPITAL MANAGEMENT INC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 877,888 shares, worth $10,359,078.
- CAPITAL TACTICS ADVISORS, LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 504,594 shares, worth $5,954,209.
- PUBLIC SECTOR PENSION INVESTMENT BOARD: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 484,200 shares, worth $5,713,560.
- PRUDENTIAL FINANCIAL INC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 208,275 shares, worth $2,457,645.
- NEW YORK STATE COMMON RETIREMENT FUND: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 155,254 shares, worth $1,831,997.
About the company: Northwest Bancshares, Inc. is a bank holding company. The Company’s banking subsidiary provides a wide range of banking products and services, including deposit and savings accounts, loans, cash managment services, and mobile banking.
Competitors to Watch: New York Community Bancorp, Inc. (NYSE:NYB), Parkvale Financial Corp. (NASDAQ:PVSA), Prudential Bancorp, Inc. of PA (NASDAQ:PBIP), Malvern Federal Bancorp, Inc. (NASDAQ:MLVF), WVS Financial Corp. (NASDAQ:WVFC), Oneida Financial Corp. (NASDAQ:ONFC), Hudson City Bancorp, Inc. (NASDAQ:HCBK), Berkshire Hills Bancorp, Inc. (NASDAQ:BHLB), and Harleysville Savings Financial Corp. (NASDAQ:HARL).
(Note: Data regarding Northwest Bancshares, Inc.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>