Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently increased stock shares of Novellus Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ:NVLS).
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly increased their stock shares of Novellus Systems, Inc. in Q3 2011:
- CAMBIAR INVESTORS LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 646,784 shares, worth $17,631,332.
- RENAISSANCE TECHNOLOGIES LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 497,603 shares, worth $13,564,658.
- MORGAN STANLEY: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 167,706 shares, worth $4,571,666.
- WHITEBOX ADVISORS LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 121,900 shares, worth $3,322,994.
- CULLEN FROST BANKERS INC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 63,000 shares, worth $1,717,380.
About the company: Novellus Systems, Inc. manufactures, markets, and services equipment used in the fabrication of integrated circuits, commonly called chips or semiconductors. The Company also develops, manufactures, sells and supports grinding, lapping and polishing equipment for a broad spectrum of industrial applications.
Competitors to Watch: Mattson Technology, Inc. (NASDAQ:MTSN), Amtech Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ:ASYS), Applied Materials, Inc. (NASDAQ:AMAT), Axcelis Technologies, Inc. (NASDAQ:ACLS), CVD Equipment Corporation (NASDAQ:CVV), Tegal Corporation (NASDAQ:TGAL), ASM Intl. N.V. (NASDAQ:ASMI), Varian Semiconductor (NASDAQ:VSEA), Lam Research Corporation (NASDAQ:LRCX), and FSI International, Inc. (NASDAQ:FSII).
(Note: Data regarding Novellus Systems, Inc.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>