Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently decreased stock shares of Novellus Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ:NVLS).
SEC data indicate these insiders have sold Novellus Systems, Inc.’s stock since 06/30/2011:
- Gottlieb Andrew: act as VP and General Counsel. On 10/14/2011, sold 10,666 shares, worth $341,700.
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly reduced their stock shares of Novellus Systems, Inc. in Q3 2011:
- CITADEL ADVISORS LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 674,648 shares, worth $24,381,779. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- CORTINA ASSET MANAGEMENT, LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 548,750 shares, worth $19,831,825. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- VINIK ASSET MANAGEMENT L P: On 06/30/2011, held 525,000 shares, worth $18,973,500. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- WESTFIELD CAPITAL MANAGEMENT CO LP: On 06/30/2011, held 444,360 shares, worth $16,059,170. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- MARSHALL & ILSLEY CORP: On 06/30/2011, held 263,290 shares, worth $9,515,301. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
About the company: Novellus Systems, Inc. manufactures, markets, and services equipment used in the fabrication of integrated circuits, commonly called chips or semiconductors. The Company also develops, manufactures, sells and supports grinding, lapping and polishing equipment for a broad spectrum of industrial applications.
Competitors to Watch: Mattson Technology, Inc. (NASDAQ:MTSN), Amtech Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ:ASYS), Applied Materials, Inc. (NASDAQ:AMAT), Axcelis Technologies, Inc. (NASDAQ:ACLS), CVD Equipment Corporation (NASDAQ:CVV), Tegal Corporation (NASDAQ:TGAL), ASM Intl. N.V. (NASDAQ:ASMI), Varian Semiconductor (NASDAQ:VSEA), Lam Research Corporation (NASDAQ:LRCX), and FSI International, Inc. (NASDAQ:FSII).
(Note: Data regarding Novellus Systems, Inc.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>