Nucor: Major Institutions Supporting Shares in Third Quarter
Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently increased stock shares of Nucor Corporation (NYSE:NUE).
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly increased their stock shares of Nucor Corporation in Q3 2011:
- MORGAN STANLEY: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 2,964,729 shares, worth $93,804,026.
- PORTLAND INVESTMENT COUNSEL INC.: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 722,400 shares, worth $22,856,736.
- SEMINOLE MANAGEMENT CO., INC.: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 654,000 shares, worth $20,692,560.
- HAMLIN CAPITAL MANAGEMENT, LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 364,160 shares, worth $11,522,022.
- EUCLID ADVISORS LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 359,000 shares, worth $11,358,760.
About the company: Nucor Corporation manufactures steel products. The Company’s products include carbon and alloy steel, steel joists, steel deck, cold finished steel, steel grinding balls, steel bearing products, and metal buildingsystems. Nucor also brokers ferrous and nonferrous metals, pig iron and HBI/DRI; supplies ferro-alloys; and processes ferrous and nonferrous scrap.
Competitors to Watch: Steel Dynamics, Inc. (NASDAQ:STLD), AK Steel Holding Corp. (NYSE:AKS), United States Steel Corp. (NYSE:X), Universal Stainless & Alloy Products (NASDAQ:USAP), Grupo Simec S.A.B. de C.V. (AMEX:SIM), Gerdau SA (NYSE:GGB), Worthington Industries, Inc. (NYSE:WOR), Schnitzer Steel Industries, Inc. (NASDAQ:SCHN) and Friedman Industries (AMEX:FRD).
(Note: Data regarding Nucor Corporation’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>