Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently decreased stock shares of NuVasive, Inc. (NASDAQ:NUVA).
SEC data indicate these insiders have sold NuVasive, Inc.’s stock since 06/30/2011:
- Hannon Jason: act as EVP and General Counsel. On 07/12/2011, sold 2,000 shares, worth $64,000.
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly reduced their stock shares of NuVasive, Inc. in Q3 2011:
- TAMRO CAPITAL PARTNERS LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 744,053 shares, worth $24,464,463. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- CITADEL ADVISORS LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 550,157 shares, worth $18,089,162. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- SCHRODER INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT GROUP: On 06/30/2011, held 438,000 shares, worth $14,401,440. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- CR INTRINSIC INVESTORS, LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 220,000 shares, worth $7,233,600. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- BROOKSIDE CAPITAL MANAGEMENT LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 201,017 shares, worth $6,609,439. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
About the company: NuVasive, Inc. designs, develops, and markets products for the surgical treatment of spine disorders. The Company’s products include Maximum Access Surgery (NYSE:MAS) and Fusion products.
Competitors to Watch: Alphatec Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ:ATEC), Stryker Corporation (NYSE:SYK), Zimmer Holdings, Inc. (NYSE:ZMH), TranS1 Inc. (NASDAQ:TSON), Orthofix International NV (NASDAQ:OFIX), Medtronic, Inc. (NYSE:MDT), Exactech, Inc. (NASDAQ:EXAC), Wright Medical Group, Inc. (NASDAQ:WMGI), Orthovita, Inc. (NASDAQ:VITA), and RTI Biologics Inc. (NASDAQ:RTIX).
(Note: Data regarding NuVasive, Inc.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>