NuVasive: Exec Insiders and Funds Buying Shares in Q3
Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently increased stock shares of NuVasive, Inc. (NASDAQ:NUVA).
SEC data indicate these insiders have bought NuVasive, Inc.’s stock since 06/30/2011:
- More Eileen M: act as Director. On 08/25/2011, bought 4,000 shares, worth $85,000.
- Blair Jack R: act as Director. On 11/28/2011, bought 1,000 shares, worth $12,800.
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly increased their stock shares of NuVasive, Inc. in Q3 2011:
- CAISSE DE DEPOT ET PLACEMENT DU QUEBEC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 250,000 shares, worth $4,265,000.
- ADAGE CAPITAL PARTNERS GP LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 200,000 shares, worth $3,412,000.
- WALL STREET ASSOCIATES: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 111,200 shares, worth $1,897,072.
- CATAPULT CAPITAL MANAGEMENT LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 99,483 shares, worth $1,697,180.
- MORGAN STANLEY: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 95,836 shares, worth $1,634,962.
About the company: NuVasive, Inc. designs, develops, and markets products for the surgical treatment of spine disorders. The Company’s products include Maximum Access Surgery (NYSE:MAS) and Fusion products.
Competitors to Watch: Alphatec Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ:ATEC), Stryker Corporation (NYSE:SYK), Zimmer Holdings, Inc. (NYSE:ZMH), TranS1 Inc. (NASDAQ:TSON), Orthofix International NV (NASDAQ:OFIX), Medtronic, Inc. (NYSE:MDT), Exactech, Inc. (NASDAQ:EXAC), Wright Medical Group, Inc. (NASDAQ:WMGI), Orthovita, Inc. (NASDAQ:VITA), and RTI Biologics Inc. (NASDAQ:RTIX).
(Note: Data regarding NuVasive, Inc.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>