O’Reilly Automotive: Major Shareholders Cashing Stock in Q3
Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently decreased stock shares of O’Reilly Automotive Inc. (NASDAQ:ORLY).
SEC data indicate these insiders have sold O’Reilly Automotive Inc.’s stock since 06/30/2011:
- Oreilly David E: act as Chairman of the Board. On 11/30/2011, sold 200,000 shares, worth $15,290,000.
- Swearengin Michael D: act as SVP of Merchandise. On 09/01/2011, sold 50,000 shares, worth $3,256,500.
- Oreilly David E: act as Chairman of the Board. On 08/17/2011, sold 39,253 shares, worth $2,394,800.
- Oreilly Lawrence P: act as Director. On 09/19/2011, sold 31,000 shares, worth $2,199,100.
- Henslee Gregory L: act as CEO & Co-President(Click HERE for the list of stocks that their CEOs have bought). On 11/11/2011, sold 20,000 shares, worth $1,561,000.
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly reduced their stock shares of O’Reilly Automotive Inc. in Q3 2011:
- LONE PINE CAPITAL LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 5,563,396 shares, worth $364,458,072. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- WELLINGTON MANAGEMENT CO LLP: On 06/30/2011, held 811,685 shares, worth $53,173,484. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- CITADEL ADVISORS LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 290,257 shares, worth $19,014,736. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- DIMENSIONAL FUND ADVISORS LP: On 06/30/2011, held 289,340 shares, worth $18,954,663. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- HIGHBRIDGE CAPITAL MANAGEMENT LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 102,603 shares, worth $6,721,523. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
About the company: O’Reilly Automotive, Inc. retails and supplies automotive aftermarket parts, tools, supplies, equipment, and accessories. The Company sells its products to do-it-yourself customers and professional mechanics or service technicians. O’Reilly operates stores throughout the United States.
Competitors to Watch: Advance Auto Parts, Inc. (NYSE:AAP), AutoZone, Inc. (NYSE:AZO), The Pep Boys – Manny, Moe & Jack (NYSE:PBY), Ford (NYSE:F), Toyota (NYSE:TM), General Motors (NYSE:GM) and U.S. Auto Parts Network, Inc. (NASDAQ:PRTS).
(Note: Data regarding O’Reilly Automotive Inc.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>