Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently decreased stock shares of Occidental Petroleum Corporation (NYSE:OXY).
SEC data indicate these insiders have sold Occidental Petroleum Corporation’s stock since 06/30/2011:
- Tomich Rosemary: act as Director. On 11/16/2011, sold 6,000 shares, worth $602,200.
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly reduced their stock shares of Occidental Petroleum Corporation in Q3 2011:
- CAPITAL GROWTH MANAGEMENT LP: On 06/30/2011, held 2,195,100 shares, worth $227,105,046. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- RENAISSANCE GROUP LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 641,858 shares, worth $66,406,629. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- SYSTEMATIC FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT LP: On 06/30/2011, held 523,342 shares, worth $54,144,963. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- EMPLOYEES RETIREMENT SYSTEM OF TEXAS: On 06/30/2011, held 516,400 shares, worth $53,426,744. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- WEXFORD CAPITAL LP: On 06/30/2011, held 376,451 shares, worth $38,947,620. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
About the company: Occidental Petroleum Corporation explores for, develops, produces, and markets crude oil and natural gas. The Company also manufactures and markets a variety of basic chemicals, vinyls and performance chemicals. Occidental also gathers, treats, processes, transports, stores, trades and markets crude oil, natural gas, NGLs, condensate and carbon dioxide (CO2) and generates and markets power.
Competitors to Watch: ConocoPhillips (NYSE:COP), Chevron Corporation (NYSE:CVX), Exxon Mobil Corporation (NYSE:XOM), Marathon Oil Corporation (NYSE:MRO), Hess Corp. (NYSE:HES), Eni S.p.A. (NYSE:E), Williams Companies, Inc. (NYSE:WMB), Double Eagle Petroleum Co. (NASDAQ:DBLE), Southwestern Energy Co. (NYSE:SWN), and EQT Corporation (NYSE:EQT).
(Note: Data regarding Occidental Petroleum Corporation’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>