Office Depot: Major Shareholders Cashing Stock in Q3
Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently decreased stock shares of Office Depot, Inc. (NYSE:ODP).
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly reduced their stock shares of Office Depot, Inc. in Q3 2011:
- SERENGETI ASSET MANAGEMENT LP: On 06/30/2011, held 3,800,000 shares, worth $16,036,000. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- CITADEL ADVISORS LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 2,246,824 shares, worth $9,481,597. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- BRIDGEWATER ASSOCIATES, LP: On 06/30/2011, held 1,801,815 shares, worth $7,603,659. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- ARTIO GLOBAL MANAGEMENT LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 1,752,315 shares, worth $7,394,769. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- CYRUS CAPITAL PARTNERS, LP: On 06/30/2011, held 1,750,000 shares, worth $7,385,000. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
About the company: Office Depot, Inc. operates a chain of office product warehouse stores in North America, Europe, Asia and Central America. The Company sells branded merchandise and provides business services primarily to small and medium-sized businesses and the home office market.
Competitors to Watch: Staples, Inc. (NASDAQ:SPLS), OfficeMax Incorporated (NYSE:OMX), Wal-Mart (NYSE:WMT), Target (NYSE:TGT), Walgreens (NYSE:WAG), CVS (NYSE:CVS), Stamps.com Inc. (NASDAQ:STMP), Williams-Sonoma, Inc. (NYSE:WSM), Pier one Imports, Inc. (NYSE:PIR), and Big Lots, Inc. (NYSE:BIG).
(Note: Data regarding Office Depot, Inc.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>