OfficeMax: Exec Insiders and Funds Buying Shares in Q3
Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently increased stock shares of OfficeMax Inc. (NYSE:OMX).
SEC data indicate these insiders have bought OfficeMax Inc.’s stock since 06/30/2011:
- Saligram Ravichandra Krishnamu: act as President and CEO. On 11/21/2011, bought 55,500 shares, worth $245,300.
- Saligram Ravichandra Krishnamu: act as President and CEO. On 08/12/2011, bought 33,800 shares, worth $199,100.
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly increased their stock shares of OfficeMax Inc. in Q3 2011:
- TEXAS PERMANENT SCHOOL FUND: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 108,925 shares, worth $528,286.
- MORGAN STANLEY: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 107,662 shares, worth $522,161.
- PUBLIC EMPLOYEES RETIREMENT ASSOCIATION OF COLORADO: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 76,300 shares, worth $370,055.
- TEACHERS RETIREMENT SYSTEM OF THE STATE OF KENTUCKY: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 55,600 shares, worth $269,660.
- QUANTITATIVE INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT, LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 36,000 shares, worth $174,600.
About the company: OfficeMax Inc sells and market office products. The Company distributes and retails a variety of products such as office supplies, technology products, and business furniture. OfficeMax sells through stores located throughout the United States, Canada, and Mexico, and many of the products are also sold through its catalog and online.
Competitors to Watch: Staples, Inc. (NASDAQ:SPLS), Office Depot, Inc. (NYSE:ODP), Walgreens (NYSE:WAG), CVS (NYSE:CVS), United Stationers Inc. (NASDAQ:USTR), Stamps.com Inc. (NASDAQ:STMP), Wal-Mart (NYSE:WMT) and Target (NYSE:TGT).
(Note: Data regarding OfficeMax Inc.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>