Owens-Illinois: Insiders and Funds Buying Stock in Third Quarter
Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently increased stock shares of Owens-Illinois, Inc. (NYSE:OI).
SEC data indicate these insiders have bought Owens-Illinois, Inc.’s stock since 06/30/2011:
- Stroucken Albert P L: act as Board Chair & CEO(Click HERE for the list of stocks that their CEOs have bought). On 09/09/2011, bought 121,200 shares, worth $2,007,100.
- Wehmeier Helge H: act as Director. On 08/15/2011, bought 5,000 shares, worth $92,400.
- Crawford L Richard: act as Sr VP-Pres Golobal Glass Ops. On 09/16/2011, bought 2,000 shares, worth $36,200.
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly increased their stock shares of Owens-Illinois, Inc. in Q3 2011:
- FARALLON CAPITAL MANAGEMENT LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 10,163,949 shares, worth $153,678,909.
- MCCLAIN VALUE MANAGEMENT LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 721,093 shares, worth $10,902,926.
- MORGAN STANLEY: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 657,244 shares, worth $9,937,529.
- FRESHFORD CAPITAL MANAGEMENT, LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 552,300 shares, worth $8,350,776.
- DIALECTIC CAPITAL MANAGEMENT, LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 461,437 shares, worth $6,976,927.
About the company: Owens-Illinois, Inc. manufactures glass packaging products. The Company produces glass containers for malt beverages, including beer and ready-to-drink low-alcohol refreshers, liquor, wine, food, tea, juice and pharmaceuticals. Owens-Illinois sells its products to customers around the world.
Competitors to Watch: Amcor Limited (AMCRY), Saint-Gobain Oberland AG (OLG), Silgan Holdings (NASDAQ:SLGN), AptarGroup (NYSE:ATR), UFP Technologies (NASDAQ:UFPT), Sealed Ait (NYSE:SEE), AEP Industries (NASDAQ:AEPI), Myers Industries (NYSE:MYE) and Bemis Company (NYSE:BMS).
(Note: Data regarding Owens-Illinois, Inc.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>