Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently decreased stock shares of Owens-Illinois, Inc. (NYSE:OI).
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly reduced their stock shares of Owens-Illinois, Inc. in Q3 2011:
- CAMBIAR INVESTORS LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 4,535,579 shares, worth $117,063,294. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- OPPENHEIMER FUNDS INC: On 06/30/2011, held 580,323 shares, worth $14,978,137. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- EMPLOYEES RETIREMENT SYSTEM OF TEXAS: On 06/30/2011, held 524,814 shares, worth $13,545,449. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- KNOTT DAVID M: On 06/30/2011, held 450,700 shares, worth $11,632,567. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- CARLSON CAPITAL L P: On 06/30/2011, held 450,000 shares, worth $11,614,500. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
About the company: Owens-Illinois, Inc. manufactures glass packaging products. The Company produces glass containers for malt beverages, including beer and ready-to-drink low-alcohol refreshers, liquor, wine, food, tea, juice and pharmaceuticals. Owens-Illinois sells its products to customers around the world.
Competitors to Watch: Amcor Limited (AMCRY), Saint-Gobain Oberland AG (OLG), Silgan Holdings (NASDAQ:SLGN), AptarGroup (NYSE:ATR), UFP Technologies (NASDAQ:UFPT), Sealed Ait (NYSE:SEE), AEP Industries (NASDAQ:AEPI), Myers Industries (NYSE:MYE) and Bemis Company (NYSE:BMS).
(Note: Data regarding Owens-Illinois, Inc.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>