Owens & Minor: Major Shareholder Stock Sales in Third Quarter
Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently decreased stock shares of Owens & Minor Inc. (NYSE:OMI).
SEC data indicate these insiders have sold Owens & Minor Inc.’s stock since 06/30/2011:
- Minor G Gilmer Iii: act as Director. On 11/03/2011, sold 26,704 shares, worth $801,900.
- Van Sumeren Mark A: act as SVP, Strategy & Business Devel. On 07/15/2011, sold 6,666 shares, worth $230,400.
- Rogers James E: act as Director. On 11/03/2011, sold 7,500 shares, worth $221,400.
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly reduced their stock shares of Owens & Minor Inc. in Q3 2011:
- SENTINEL ASSET MANAGEMENT, INC.: On 06/30/2011, held 610,575 shares, worth $20,912,194. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- COLUMBIA WANGER ASSET MANAGEMENT LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 200,000 shares, worth $6,850,000. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- BOSTON ADVISORS LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 131,160 shares, worth $4,492,230. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- SIT INVESTMENT ASSOCIATES INC: On 06/30/2011, held 109,100 shares, worth $3,736,675. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- TFS CAPITAL LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 105,935 shares, worth $3,628,274. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
About the company: Owens & Minor, Inc. distributes medical/surgical supplies throughout the United States. The Company’s customers include hospitals, integrated healthcare systems, and group purchasing organizations. Owens & Minor also provides services in supply chain management, logistics, and technology.
Competitors to Watch: PSS World Medical, Inc. (NASDAQ:PSSI), Chindex Intl., Inc. (NASDAQ:CHDX), Henry Schein, Inc. (NASDAQ:HSIC), Patterson Companies, Inc. (NASDAQ:PDCO), Cardinal Health, Inc. (NYSE:CAH), McKesson Corporation (NYSE:MCK), AmerisourceBergen Corp. (NYSE:ABC), Lincare Holdings Inc. (NASDAQ:LNCR), and White Dental Supply Inc (WITD).
(Note: Data regarding Owens & Minor Inc.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>