PetMed Express: Funds Buying Shares in Third Quarter
Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently increased stock shares of PetMed Express Inc. (NASDAQ:PETS).
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly increased their stock shares of PetMed Express Inc. in Q3 2011:
- ARTISAN PARTNERS LIMITED PARTNERSHIP: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 1,221,180 shares, worth $10,856,290.
- MORGAN STANLEY: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 326,880 shares, worth $2,905,963.
- BANK OF OKLAHOMA NATIONAL ASSOCIATION /: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 166,807 shares, worth $1,482,914.
- ALGERT COLDIRON INVESTORS LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 72,260 shares, worth $642,391.
- D. E. SHAW & CO., INC.: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 34,264 shares, worth $304,607.
About the company: PetMed Express, Inc. is a pet pharmacy. The Company offers prescription and nonprecription pet medications, as well as health and nutritional supplements. PetMed Express offers its products via telephone, fax, mail, and the Internet to customers throughout the United States.
Competitors to Watch: Rite Aid Corporation (NYSE:RAD), Walgreen Company (NYSE:WAG), drugstore.com, inc. (NASDAQ:DSCM), China Nepstar Chain Drugstore Ltd. (NYSE:NPD), Graymark Healthcare Inc (NASDAQ:GRMH), CVS Caremark Corporation (NYSE:CVS), Wal-Mart (NYSE:WMT) and Target (NYSE:TGT).
(Note: Data regarding PetMed Express Inc.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>