Pfizer: Major Shareholder Stock Sales in Quarterly Release
Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently decreased stock shares of Pfizer Inc. (NYSE:PFE).
SEC data indicate these insiders have sold Pfizer Inc.’s stock since 06/30/2011:
- Lankler Douglas M: act as Executive Vice President. On 08/29/2011, sold 9,000 shares, worth $170,100.
- Lankler Douglas M: act as Executive Vice President. On 08/23/2011, sold 3,000 shares, worth $54,000.
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly reduced their stock shares of Pfizer Inc. in Q3 2011:
- GREENLIGHT CAPITAL INC: On 06/30/2011, held 23,454,098 shares, worth $473,069,157. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- APPALOOSA MANAGEMENT LP: On 06/30/2011, held 14,495,002 shares, worth $292,364,190. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- IVORY INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT. L.P.: On 06/30/2011, held 4,593,064 shares, worth $92,642,101. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- BNP PARIBAS ARBITRAGE, SA: On 06/30/2011, held 4,060,253 shares, worth $81,895,303. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- EMPLOYEES RETIREMENT SYSTEM OF TEXAS: On 06/30/2011, held 4,055,600 shares, worth $81,801,452. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
About the company: Pfizer Inc. is a research-based, global pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops, manufactures, and markets medicines for humans and animals. The Company’s products include prescription pharmaceuticals, non-prescription self-medications, and animal health products such as anti-infective medicines and vaccines.
Competitors to Watch: Johnson & Johnson (NYSE:JNJ), Merck & Co., Inc. (NYSE:MRK), GlaxoSmithKline plc (NYSE:GSK), Bristol Myers Squibb Co. (NYSE:BMY), Eli Lilly & Co. (NYSE:LLY), Abbott Laboratories (NYSE:ABT), Novartis AG (NYSE:NVS), Mylan Inc. (NASDAQ:MYL), Amgen, Inc. (NASDAQ:AMGN), and Sanofi-Aventis SA (NYSE:SNY).
(Note: Data regarding Pfizer Inc.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>
To contact the reporter on this story: Dave Friedman at email@example.com
To contact the editor responsible for this story: Damien Hoffman at firstname.lastname@example.org