Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently decreased stock shares of Philip Morris International, Inc. (NYSE:PM).
SEC data indicate these insiders have sold Philip Morris International, Inc.’s stock since 06/30/2011:
- Click Kevin: act as Sr. VP & Chief Info. Officer. On 07/29/2011, sold 4,232 shares, worth $302,000.
- Fishburn J Dudley: act as Director. On 11/28/2011, sold 2,344 shares, worth $170,700.
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly reduced their stock shares of Philip Morris International, Inc. in Q3 2011:
- BRISTOL JOHN W & CO INC /NY/: On 06/30/2011, held 1,127,929 shares, worth $74,420,755. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- EMPLOYEES RETIREMENT SYSTEM OF TEXAS: On 06/30/2011, held 1,040,835 shares, worth $68,674,293. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- MARSHALL & ILSLEY CORP: On 06/30/2011, held 696,822 shares, worth $45,976,316. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- BNP PARIBAS ARBITRAGE, SA: On 06/30/2011, held 593,161 shares, worth $39,136,763. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- GREAT LAKES ADVISORS INC: On 06/30/2011, held 579,983 shares, worth $38,267,278. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
About the company: Philip Morris International Inc., through its subsidiaries, affiliates and their licensees, produces, sells, distributes, and markets a wide range of branded cigarettes and tobacco products in markets outside of the United States of America. The Company’s portfolio comprises both international and local brands.
Competitors to Watch: Altria Group, Inc. (NYSE:MO), Reynolds American, Inc. (NYSE:RAI), Lorillard Inc. (NYSE:LO), Vector Group Ltd. (NYSE:VGR), British American Tobacco (AMEX:BTI), Imperial Tobacco Group PLC (ITYBY), Star Scientific, Inc. (NASDAQ:CIGX), Alliance One Intl., Inc. (NYSE:AOI), and Universal Corporation (NYSE:UVV).
(Note: Data regarding Philip Morris International, Inc.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>