Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently increased stock shares of Philip Morris International, Inc. (NYSE:PM).
SEC data indicate these insiders have bought Philip Morris International, Inc.’s stock since 06/30/2011:
- Marchionne Sergio: act as Director. On 10/26/2011, bought 1,100 shares, worth $76,700.
- Marchionne Sergio: act as Director. On 08/26/2011, bought 1,100 shares, worth $75,600.
- Marchionne Sergio: act as Director. On 07/25/2011, bought 1,050 shares, worth $74,800.
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly increased their stock shares of Philip Morris International, Inc. in Q3 2011:
- MORGAN STANLEY: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 16,657,482 shares, worth $1,039,093,727.
- LEGG MASON CAPITAL MANAGEMENT INC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 2,385,281 shares, worth $148,793,829.
- NUMERIC INVESTORS LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 1,228,800 shares, worth $76,652,544.
- TEACHERS RETIREMENT SYSTEM OF THE STATE OF KENTUCKY: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 1,185,160 shares, worth $73,930,281.
About the company: Philip Morris International Inc., through its subsidiaries, affiliates and their licensees, produces, sells, distributes, and markets a wide range of branded cigarettes and tobacco products in markets outside of the United States of America. The Company’s portfolio comprises both international and local brands.
Competitors to Watch: Altria Group, Inc. (NYSE:MO), Reynolds American, Inc. (NYSE:RAI), Lorillard Inc. (NYSE:LO), Vector Group Ltd. (NYSE:VGR), British American Tobacco (AMEX:BTI), Imperial Tobacco Group PLC (ITYBY), Star Scientific, Inc. (NASDAQ:CIGX), Alliance One Intl., Inc. (NYSE:AOI), and Universal Corporation (NYSE:UVV).
(Note: Data regarding Philip Morris International, Inc.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>