Pinnacle West Capital: Financial Institutions Buying Shares in Q3
Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently increased stock shares of Pinnacle West Capital Corp. (NYSE:PNW).
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly increased their stock shares of Pinnacle West Capital Corp. in Q3 2011:
- MORGAN STANLEY: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 607,207 shares, worth $25,782,009.
- FEDERATED INVESTORS INC /PA/: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 558,200 shares, worth $23,701,172.
- DECADE CAPITAL MANAGEMENT LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 409,088 shares, worth $17,369,876.
- STRS OHIO: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 345,000 shares, worth $14,648,700.
- MOORE CAPITAL MANAGEMENT, LP: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 150,000 shares, worth $6,369,000.
About the company: Pinnacle West Capital Corporation is a utility holding company. The Company, through its subsidiary, provides either retail or wholesale electric service to most of the State of Arizona. The Company, through a subsidiary, also is involved in real estate development activities in the western United States.
Competitors to Watch: UniSource Energy Corp. (NYSE:UNS), IDACORP, Inc. (NYSE:IDA), PNM Resources, Inc. (NYSE:PNM), NV Energy, Inc. (NYSE:NVE), Edison International (NYSE:EIX), The Southern Company (NYSE:SO), Cleco Corporation (NYSE:CNL), Hawaiian Electric Industries, Inc. (NYSE:HE), Portland General Electric Co. (NYSE:POR), and Northeast Utilities System (NYSE:NU).
(Note: Data regarding Pinnacle West Capital Corp.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>