Pioneer Natural Resources: Institutional Investors Buying Stock in Q3
Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently increased stock shares of Pioneer Natural Resources Co. (NYSE:PXD).
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly increased their stock shares of Pioneer Natural Resources Co. in Q3 2011:
- FRIESS ASSOCIATES LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 853,800 shares, worth $56,154,426.
- VIKING GLOBAL INVESTORS LP: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 786,100 shares, worth $51,701,797.
- MORGAN STANLEY: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 282,791 shares, worth $18,599,164.
- ZWEIG DIMENNA PARTNERS L P: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 187,015 shares, worth $12,299,977.
- SOUND ENERGY PARTNERS, INC.: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 100,000 shares, worth $6,577,000.
About the company: Pioneer Natural Resources Company is an independent oil and gas exploration and production company, headquartered in Dallas, Texas, with operations primarily in the United States.
Competitors to Watch: Lucas Energy, Inc. (AMEX:LEI), Anadarko Petroleum Corp. (NYSE:APC), Contango Oil & Gas Company (AMEX:MCF), Cimarex Energy Co. (NYSE:XEC), SM Energy Co. (NYSE:SM), Brigham Exploration Co. (NASDAQ:BEXP), Abraxas Petroleum Corp. (NASDAQ:AXAS), Concho Resources Inc. (NYSE:CXO), Linn Energy, LLC (NASDAQ:LINE), and Approach Resources Inc. (NASDAQ:AREX).
(Note: Data regarding Pioneer Natural Resources Co.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>