Plum Creek Timber: Insider and Fund Investor Stock Sales in Q3
Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently decreased stock shares of Plum Creek Timber Co. Inc. (NYSE:PCL).
SEC data indicate these insiders have sold Plum Creek Timber Co. Inc.’s stock since 06/30/2011:
- Kraft James A: act as SVP, GEN COUNSEL & SEC.. On 10/28/2011, sold 18,000 shares, worth $690,800.
- Mcdonald John G: act as Director. On 10/27/2011, sold 3,000 shares, worth $113,600.
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly reduced their stock shares of Plum Creek Timber Co. Inc. in Q3 2011:
- STATE OF NEW JERSEY COMMON PENSION FUND A: On 06/30/2011, held 770,000 shares, worth $30,507,400. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- GREAT LAKES ADVISORS INC: On 06/30/2011, held 668,554 shares, worth $26,488,109. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- CAPITAL INTERNATIONAL INC /CA/: On 06/30/2011, held 278,500 shares, worth $11,034,170. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- RENAISSANCE TECHNOLOGIES LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 181,500 shares, worth $7,191,030. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- TEACHER RETIREMENT SYSTEM OF TEXAS: On 06/30/2011, held 70,429 shares, worth $2,790,397. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
About the company: Plum Creek Timber Company, Inc. grows, harvests, and markets timber and logs, and manufactures forest products such as lumber and plywood. The Company owns timberlands located in the United States. Plum Creek also owns natural resource businesses that focus on mineral extraction and natural gas production
Competitors to Watch: Potlatch Corporation (NYSE:PCH), Rayonier Inc. (NYSE:RYN), Weyerhaeuser Company (NYSE:WY), Deltic Timber Corporation (NYSE:DEL), Universal Forest Products, Inc. (NASDAQ:UFPI), Louisiana-Pacific Corp. (NYSE:LPX), Pittsburgh & West Virginia Railroad (AMEX:PW), West Fraser Timber Co. Ltd. (NYSE:WFT).
(Note: Data regarding Plum Creek Timber Co. Inc.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>