Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently increased stock shares of Popular Inc. (NASDAQ:BPOP).
SEC data indicate these insiders have bought Popular Inc.’s stock since 06/30/2011:
- Carrion Richard L: act as Chairman & CEO(Click HERE for the list of stocks that their CEOs have bought). On 10/28/2011, bought 14,657 shares, worth $27,000.
- Alvarez Ignacio: act as EVP & GENERAL COUNSEL. On 08/16/2011, bought 10,000 shares, worth $20,700.
- Guerrero Juan: act as Executive Vice President. On 08/15/2011, bought 10,000 shares, worth $20,500.
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly increased their stock shares of Popular Inc. in Q3 2011:
- PAULSON MANAGEMENT LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 67,000,000 shares, worth $100,500,000.
- ARONSON & JOHNSON & ORTIZ, LP: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 40,088,900 shares, worth $60,133,350.
- FRANKLIN RESOURCES INC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 4,776,150 shares, worth $7,164,225.
- RENAISSANCE TECHNOLOGIES LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 3,139,150 shares, worth $4,708,725.
- MORGAN STANLEY: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 2,986,535 shares, worth $4,479,803.
About the company: Popular, Inc. is a bank holding company that provides commercial banking services through branches in Puerto Rico, the British Virgin Islands, the Dominican Republic, and the United States mainland. The Company also provides mortgage and consumer finance, lease financing, investment banking and broker/dealer activities, retail financial services, and automated tellers.
Competitors to Watch: Doral Financial Corp. (NYSE:DRL), Oriental Financial Group Inc. (NYSE:OFG), First BanCorp. (NYSE:FBP), Eurobancshares Inc. (EUBK), Citigroup (NYSE:C), W Holding Company, Inc. (WHI), Bank of America Corp. (NYSE:BAC), SunTrust Banks, Inc. (NYSE:STI), Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE:WFC), and The Bank of Nova Scotia (NYSE:BNS).
(Note: Data regarding Popular Inc.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>