Popular Stocks Among Investors and Traders Heading into Easter Weekend
The Dow Jones (NYSE:DIA) closed higher at 12,505, the S&P 500(NYSE:SPY) is increasing to 1337 and the Nasdaq (NASDAQ:QQQ) is slightly higher at 2820 on the 77th trading day of 2011, and here is a group of stocks making moves on our radar and the reasons why:
- American Express Company (NYSE:AXP): Shares of American Express Company closed up today. American Express Company is a global payment and travel company. The Company’s principal products and services are charge and credit payment card products and travel-related services offered to consumers and businesses around the world. American Express Earnings: You Could Leave Home Without Them>>
- UnitedHealth Group Inc. (NYSE:UNH): Shares of UnitedHealth Group closed higher today. UnitedHealth Group Incorporated owns and manages organized health systems in the United States and internationally. The Company provides employers products and resources to plan and administer employee benefit programs. UnitedHealth also serves the health needs of older Americans, provides specialized care services, and provides health care information and research to providers and payers. United Health Earnings Cheat Sheet: Shares Fly Higher 8% on Healthcare Optimism>>
- QUALCOMM, Inc. (NASDAQ:QCOM): Shares of QUALCOMM are trading higher today. QUALCOMM, Inc. develops and manufactures digital wireless communications equipment. The Company licenses its Code Division Multiple Access (CDMA) intellectual property to other companies, and produces CDMA-based integrated circuits; equipment and software used to track workers and assets; software for wireless content enablement; and offers services to deliver multimedia content. QUALCOMM Earnings Cheat Sheet: Steaming Quarter Yields Stock Buying>>
- Biogen Idec Inc. (NASDAQ:BIIB): Shares of Biogen Idec closed higher today. Biogen Idec Inc. develops, manufactures, and commercializes therapies, focusing on neurology, oncology, and immunology. The Company’s products addresses diseases such as multiple sclerosis, non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma, rheumatoid arthritis, crohn’s disease, and psoriasis. Biogen Idec Earnings Cheat Sheet: Shares Pop 17% on Positive Quarter>>
- Goodrich Corp. (NYSE:GR): Shares of Goodrich closed higher today. Goodrich Corporation supplies aerospace components, systems, and services to customers located worldwide. The Company manufactures various aerostructures, aircraft evacuation systems, passenger restraint systems, sensor systems, pump and engine controls, de-icing systems, and other products. Goodrich serves the commercial, military, general aviation, and space industries.
- New York Times (NYSE:NYT): Shares of New York Times closed lower today. The New York Times Company, a diversified media company, conducts operations in newspapers, magazines, television and radio stations, and electronic information and publishing. The Company’s publications include “The New York Times,” “The Boston Globe,” and the “International Herald Tribune.”. New York Times also holds interests in a newsprint mill and a paper mill.
- Xerox (NYSE:XRX): Shares of Xerox closed lower today. Xerox Corporation develops, manufactures, markets, services, and finances a range of document processing products and services for use in offices around the world. The Company also, through subsidiaries, provides network management, consulting, design, and integration services for medium and large companies. Xerox Earnings Cheat Sheet: Sales Stronger 20% Year Over Year>>
- Bard Inc (NYSE:BCR): Shares of Bard Inc closed higher today. C. R. Bard, Inc. designs, manufactures, packages, distributes, and sells medical, surgical, diagnostic, and patient care devices. The Company sells a broad range of products worldwide to hospitals, individual healthcare professionals, extended care facilities and alternate site facilities. Bard markets vascular, urological, oncological, and surgical specialties products.
- McDonald’s (NYSE:MCD): Shares of McDonald’s closed lower today. McDonald’s Corporation operates and franchises fast-food restaurants worldwide. The Company’s franchised and company operated fast food restaurants offer a variety of low price fast foods in locations around the world. McDonald’s Corporation Earnings: Inflation Pushes Costs Higher, Margins Lower>>
- Fifth Third Bank (NASDAQ:FITB): Shares of Fifth Third Bank closed lower today. Fifth Third Bancorp is a diversified financial services company that operates banking centers in the Midwestern and Southeastern regions of the United States. The Company’s principal businesses include retail banking, commercial banking, investment advisory, and data processing.